Trat to koh kong costs and routes to PP

• nicklamport

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2013
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 56

I am going to cross the border from Thailand (Hat Lek) to Koh Kong in Cambodia on way to Phnom Penh and according to the Tourism Cambodia website it says to take a songthaw from Trat to Klong Yai, then another to Hat Lek, then after crossing (alreAdy have visa, read about the scams/extra payments etc) it says take a moto to Koh Kong and from there express boat to Sihanoukville to get to PP.
    My questions are 1) anybody done the trip recently and know it what costs roughly for the two songthaws?
    2) it says to negotiate for the moto to Koh Kong from the border..an idea how much it should be ?
    3) is the boat still going from koh kong to Sihanoukville and if so roughly how much and if not..
    4) can you go direct to PP from Koh Kong rather than go thru Sihanoukville.....phew..thanks :)

#1 Posted: 30/10/2013 - 11:27

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

above is nonsense-like so often on www.
    The best site for all indepdnt. travel TH-KH is talesofasia.com.
    There are direct VANS=minibus Tr to border, 120 bt (maybe more now), these have always been-even when before border was open. You do not use any ST.
    3.boat has been abandoned some 2-3 yrs ago at least-thats likely also how old/antique this site and your info is.
    ANY Trat guesthse and agenct can sell you combo-tickets, for onward Khmer bus included. if thats wise-up to you, you seem the tipical 1st time overcautious and needing exact details type.
    4. yes. again: talesofasia, or canbypublications has loinks to all Khmer buscompanies/timings. 1 or 2 of these buses pick u[p at border too-but are reported to be overpriced antique things.

#2 Posted: 31/10/2013 - 02:26

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

@nicklamport - Minibus from Trat right to the border. From Koh Kong then direct transport from there to Phnom Penh.

@captainbkk - I thought Gordon had abandoned TOA? I saw him trying to sell it maybe a year ago...

#3 Posted: 31/10/2013 - 03:55

• nicklamport

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2013
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 56

Thanks, have looked at tales of Asia lots of good info didnt realise cambodia website so out of date. Nothing wrong with being cautious my friend. Thanks also somtam2000. Am in Trat now and talked to few people here also so all sorted. Cheers

#4 Posted: 1/11/2013 - 10:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flight routes & costs from UK to Luang Prabang? ... By EdwardTrunk on 8 Sep 2013 5 708 9 Sep 2013
Trat or Ko Kong ... By ahxian on 4 Sep 2008 6 4114 8 Sep 2008