Visas and border crossings forum

15-day Vietnam tourist visa

• bribri

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2014

Has anyone gotten this 15-day visa or know any more information about it?

"The one option available in Phnom Penh that isnt available online is a 15-day tourist visa. These can be only obtained through travel agents and not through the embassy directly."
    - http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/cambodia/2011/04/06/how-to-get-a-vietnamese-visa-in-phnom-penh/#comment-10430

I'll be travelling from:

Siem Reap, Cambodia -> Phnom Penh, Cambodia -> Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

and looking to get a quick Vietnam visa while in Phnom Penh. I've tried researching this 15-day visa everywhere, and all that comes up is the 30 or more day visas that take at least 24 hours to process.

- Is the 15-day visa 100% legitimate to cross the border into Vietnam via bus?
    - How soon can a 15-day visa be approved and ready to go?
    - Is it easy to find a trustworthy travel agent while in Phnom Penh? Can we trust the person at the front desk of our hotel/hostel with out passports if we get it through them?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    - Brian

#1 Posted: 13/2/2014 - 10:48

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I think you're talking about the special transit visa that's only available to certain group tours - not for individuals. You need a VOA Application Letter if arriving by air, or a conventional visa if crossing the land border. If you're coming from Cambodia, go to the Vietnamese Embassy in Phnom Penh.

#2 Posted: 13/2/2014 - 12:31

• bribri

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2014

"I think you're talking about the special transit visa that's only available to certain group tours - not for individuals. You need a VOA Application Letter if arriving by air, or a conventional visa if crossing the land border. If you're coming from Cambodia, go to the Vietnamese Embassy in Phnom Penh ."

Thank you for your reply daawgon,

We will not be flying so that rules out the Pre-Approved VOA. We're looking to take a boat from Siem Reap -> Phnom Penh and a bus from Phnom Penh -> Ho Chi Minh City.

The conventional Visa I am inquiring about does not appear to be a group tour visa, in the travelfish.org article I linked above. It is stated as being available through travel agents in Phnom Penh.

This 15-day visa is also mentioned here:
    "We asked around the guesthouses and agencies in PP for a month-long Vietnamese visa. We were quoted prices varying between $37 and $39 (just $1-2 more than a 15-day visa). " - http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2255432

We are not looking to stay in Phnom Penh for long, and it appears that all of the conventional 30+ day visas require 24hrs or more to process.

Can someone please confirm that they have been successful with the 15-day visa, and if so, how quickly it took to process this visa.

Thanks again,
    - Brian

#3 Posted: 13/2/2014 - 12:56

• bribri

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2014

Hi daawgon,

If the 15-day visa is a group tour visa like you suggest, do you think that would be a good, quick option for me and my friends? We are a group of 7 Canadians.

Cheers,
    - Brian

#4 Posted: 13/2/2014 - 13:26

• Grunberg

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2014

You are looking take a boat from Siem Reap -> Phnom Penh and a bus from Phnom Penh -> Ho Chi Minh City.So you should apply Embassy visa at the Embassy of Vietnam in Phnom Penh. Address: 436 Monivong Blvd., Khan Chamcarmon, Phnom Penh.
    Goodluck!

#5 Posted: 5/3/2014 - 23:03

• prisonbreak

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

So what s the current price for a 1 month tourist visa and this 15 day visa ?

#6 Posted: 10/5/2014 - 05:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
thailand tourist visa available in vietnam? ... By sharpie on 26 Mar 2010 0 2208 26 Mar 2010
Vietnam tourist Visa for 31 days ??? ... By jayanraj on 10 Nov 2009 3 1721 11 Nov 2009
What's Annotation on Vietnam tourist C1 visa ? ... By jayanraj on 22 Nov 2009 2 3143 23 Nov 2009
Double Entry Tourist Visa in Vietnam ... By perceheadies on 2 Dec 2009 1 3001 3 Dec 2009
With Philippine passport do I need tourist visa for Laos and Vietnam??? ... By quddus on 11 Nov 2008 2 3946 11 Nov 2008