Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Laos - Cambodia vs. Laos - Thailand - Cambodia & loas border question

Posted by zachmoore on 16/12/2007 at 10:36

Hi, traveling laos to cambodia in end of january or feb. I see that visas are available at the border there or we can get e-visa's and cross at poipet. Considering travel time/hassles and visa time/hassles, is it easier to go through thailand down to poipet and cross there or is the laos - cambodia border ok. Our ultimate, immediate goal is Siem Reap so...

Also, it's possible to get the laos visa on arrival at chang rai - is it easier/cheaper just to get this before hand or do this on arrival. One book I read said that the on arrival visas have to be sent down to Khon Kaen and that has to take some time but the book was a few years old - so have things changed significantly or would it just make our lives simplier to get it before we come?

Thanks,
Zach.

#1 zachmoore has been a member since 15/12/2007. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/12/2007 at 06:34 admin

If you're going to be in southern Laos anyway, than use the Laos/Cambodia crossing. It's pretty straightforward/ You can read all about the Laos/Cambodia border here.

Second question, I'm assuming you mean Chiang Khong (crossing into Laos at Huay Xai) -- if that is where you mean then a visa on arrival is easy and straightforward.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.