Visas and border crossings forum

Prek Chak / Xa Xia crossing - Visa On Arrival

• apfennell

Joined Travelfish
    14th May, 2008

I'm planning to go to Phu Quoc in mid-august for ~4days and then onto Phnom Penh. I was planning to get the boat to Ha Tien from Phu Quoc - can anyone confirm if this is actually running in August (times/cost?)?

My main worry is the crossing to Cambodia and getting a visa - I emailed the Cambodian Embassy in London (I'm actually Irish but they handle Irish requests) and they said Visa On Arrival is available at that crossing. However seeing as I can find no confirmation of this online by travel agencies or personal accounts I was hoping someone in the know could tell me if that is actually the case?

And if so how much is it (presumably the same as other checkpoints - $20?)? does it take long to process? and do I need to bring along passport photos?

If it is not possible does anyone have a recommendation on my getting from Phu Quoc to Phnom Penh in a single day?

I don't have great faith in the embassy as you can probably tell!

Cheers

#1 Posted: 20/5/2008 - 23:50

• Advertisement

• apfennell

Joined Travelfish
    14th May, 2008

An update - The embassy in London replied initially to my asking about this checkpoint with;

"Yes you could apply at the crossing point...

Regards.

Cambodian Embassy
    London"

And in classically Cambodian fashion, & confirming my lack of faith in them, the embassy wrote back to my querying this (because I could find little evidence on the internet confirming their story) with;

"Sorry we have never been there...

Regards,"

So now I really need confirmation from anyone who's been thru the checkpoint or is in the know!!

#2 Posted: 21/5/2008 - 21:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Prek Chak/Xaxia (‘Ha Tien’) border crossing and E-visa ... By Pjotra on 22 Jul 2010 1 4248 12 Aug 2010
Xa Xia / Prek Chak border crossing HELP! ... By kat181 on 19 Aug 2009 3 4143 20 Aug 2009
Phnom Den / Tinh Bien OR Prek Chak / Xa Xia -- Crossing from Kep to Chau Doc ... By amazon_blonde on 17 Feb 2009 3 7088 18 Jan 2011
Prek Chak/Xa Xia border (Kep Ha Tien) ... By oasisbarhatien on 4 Dec 2011 1 3610 2 Mar 2012
Kampot to Ha Tien through Prek Chak-Xa Xia border ... By o_kaija on 28 Apr 2010 9 8537 18 Nov 2010
Visa on Arrival(land crossing from Thailand) - completing the form ... By Boohoo on 24 Oct 2013 6 1186 27 Oct 2013