Visas and border crossings forum

no visa

• cj5892

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2008

Hi, I am going to Thailand for just under thirty days on the 8th of july, however the flights are flexible and depending on money i may want to stay another week.

is there any way i can get a visa for the extra week when over there? or would i be able to pay a fine at the airport?

many thanks

#1 Posted: 23/6/2008 - 20:55

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Options... you can:

1. Buy a two month tourist visa prior to departure in your own country. Saves any hassle.

2. Extend your free entry stamp for 7 days at any immigration office ... 1900B and it involves getting to an immigration office (which may be inconvenient and/or fairly expensive depending on where you are) and queuing.

3. Pay the fine at the airport ...500B per day overstay. Not sure if it's still the case but the first day's overstay used to be waived. If you have 2 days overstay or more you have to pay the first day too. The problem with overstaying is that you risk arrest if you get caught before you actually reach the airport.

#2 Posted: 23/6/2008 - 22:12

• cj5892

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2008

I can't really afford the visa before leaving and I might not stay an extra week it depends really.. is there an immigration office in bangkok?

#3 Posted: 25/6/2008 - 15:22

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Yes, it's on Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road.

#4 Posted: 25/6/2008 - 16:28

• peppermintp-
    addy

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

anyone know how much a visa for a chinese national costs in thailand.It is not one of the 40 countries listed.Also,does a chinese national need a visa for Laos,cambodia or Cambodia?

#5 Posted: 18/11/2008 - 05:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.