Visas and border crossings forum

One Way Flight Into Thailand - Visa Issues

• johnnyowen

Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2008

Hey all.

The girlfriend and I bought 2 x one way tickets from the UK to Thailand as we're planning on travelling round there, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam then staying and working in Phuket for a bit before heading down through Malaysia and Indonesia into Oz. We only bought a one-way ticket as we didnt know where we'd be flying back to the UK from and for ahow long we'd be away. I realise if we're stopped at immigration we could be in a bit of trouble but has anyone ever done this before and if so, any options for me?

Any help greatly appreciated

Johnny

#1 Posted: 21/7/2008 - 00:36

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

While by the book, you should have an onwards ticket, if you're a legitimate tourist (I'll pretend I didn't see the bit about working in Phuket) then you shouldn't have any problems. If you're overly concerned about it, get a proper tourist visa before leaving the UK.

#2 Posted: 21/7/2008 - 08:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
UK flight to BKK then another flight to Laos - Need to stamp Thai visa? ... By Jleef on 27 Apr 2010 2 1762 27 Apr 2010