Visas and border crossings forum

Vietnam visa with only one way ticket

• ngg18

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2008

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please answer a couple of questions I have regarding Vietnam visas.

1. Is it a problem entering the country if I only have a one way ticket and have not yet planned when or how I will be leaving the country?

2. Is it possible to get a 3 month tourist visa without too much trouble or should I just get a 30 day visa and try get an extension when I am in Vietnam?

3. Is it a problem getting a visa if I have traveled to Vietnam only two months ago? (I really liked Vietnam and want to go back now)

Any help/advice/info would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Cheers

#1 Posted: 6/8/2008 - 18:01

• Advertisement

• Prototype

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2008

I would also like to know an answer regarding visa's and one way tickets. Is it possible to get?

Many thanks in advance.

#2 Posted: 12/12/2008 - 08:27

• ngg18

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2008

Hi Prototype,

I had no problem entering the country with only a one way ticket. I entered the country at HCMC airport.

I organized a 3 month visa in advance (this turned out to be a business visa not a tourist visa) which also was not a problem.

It was not a problem getting visas in close succession (see me original question). In fact I've heard you can just keep getting new tourist visas every 30 days and stay for as long as you please. If this is really so I am not sure. Maybe someone can confirm.

Enjoy your travels in Vietnam. Let me know if there's any other questions I may be able to answer for you,

#3 Posted: 12/12/2008 - 09:12

• Prototype

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2008

Thanks ngg18!

I have just called my local consulate, and they advise me if travelling overland with no exit ticket is fine as well.

Happy days!

Thanks again!

#4 Posted: 12/12/2008 - 10:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.