Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Vietnam visa with only one way ticket

Posted by ngg18 on 6/8/2008 at 18:01

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please answer a couple of questions I have regarding Vietnam visas.

1. Is it a problem entering the country if I only have a one way ticket and have not yet planned when or how I will be leaving the country?

2. Is it possible to get a 3 month tourist visa without too much trouble or should I just get a 30 day visa and try get an extension when I am in Vietnam?

3. Is it a problem getting a visa if I have traveled to Vietnam only two months ago? (I really liked Vietnam and want to go back now)

Any help/advice/info would be greatly appreciated!!!
Cheers

#1 ngg18 has been a member since 4/6/2008. Posts: 21

Posted by Prototype on 12/12/2008 at 08:27

I would also like to know an answer regarding visa's and one way tickets. Is it possible to get?

Many thanks in advance.

#2 Prototype has been a member since 26/8/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by ngg18 on 12/12/2008 at 09:12

Hi Prototype,

I had no problem entering the country with only a one way ticket. I entered the country at HCMC airport.

I organized a 3 month visa in advance (this turned out to be a business visa not a tourist visa) which also was not a problem.

It was not a problem getting visas in close succession (see me original question). In fact I've heard you can just keep getting new tourist visas every 30 days and stay for as long as you please. If this is really so I am not sure. Maybe someone can confirm.

Enjoy your travels in Vietnam. Let me know if there's any other questions I may be able to answer for you,

#3 ngg18 has been a member since 4/6/2008. Posts: 21

Posted by Prototype on 12/12/2008 at 10:51

Thanks ngg18!

I have just called my local consulate, and they advise me if travelling overland with no exit ticket is fine as well.

Happy days!

Thanks again!

#4 Prototype has been a member since 26/8/2008. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.