Visas and border crossings forum

cambodia e-visa site down

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Does anyone have any idea why the e-visa site is no longer available? I have been trying for 2 days but all I get is a blank page. Doesn't exactly fill me full of confidence in the system. Before anyone suggests it's easier to get on the border.
    a) my passport is rapidly filling up and I don't want to lose another page.
    b) I want to avoid being ripped off at Koh Kong,I really resent paying those rip off merchants.

#1 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 16:32

• Advertisement

• chewiee

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2008

Try
    http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/index.aspx

Think they either changed the web address.

#2 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 17:51

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

No, I've tried that link and there is no page.Has anyone had an e-visa lately?

#3 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 17:55

• chewiee

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2008

Just tried it again and the link works for me. Try your browsers security settings.

#4 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 20:30

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Try the following:
    http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx

It has been through a few incarnations in recent times, but is apparently working.

#5 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 22:03

• chewiee

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2008

The link works on my work PC, but not at home, but that could be the time difference, and server down time. I'll try again later.

#6 Posted: 27/1/2009 - 01:15

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I have tried both links (above) on IE and Google Chrome and have set the site as trusted in content.Still I get nothing.
    Chrome tells me 'link broken' I have tried at different times of day for 3 days now (from UK) but still nothing.
    Luckily they haven't got my payment otherwise I would be sweating!

#7 Posted: 27/1/2009 - 17:07

• chewiee

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2008

I got onto the site this morning, and submitted my application no problem(UK).

Had the same problem as you at home last night, getting a google error, but processed it at work this morning and everything was fine.

No idea why, but try using another machine, or worst case just get one at the border.

#8 Posted: 27/1/2009 - 18:29

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Stranger and stranger! I have taken your advice and tried another machine, still no joy. I'll keep on trying as I have a couple of weeks yet.
    I'd be interested to learn whether yours was processed smoothly.
    If I can't get it I will have to take it up with Hun Sen next time we go out for a beer!!!

#9 Posted: 27/1/2009 - 18:49

• roynolan

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

got my e visa from www.mfaic.gov.ke/e-visa yesterday no problem.
    the visa was the size of a credit card, is this ok?
    it is not very clear, and when it is enlarged, it goes out of focus!
    don't forget to print 2 copies, one for entry and one for exit

#10 Posted: 29/1/2009 - 22:40

• Advertisement

• Traveller20-

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009

We applied for an e-visa 7days ago and and have heard nothing. We have sent emails to the dept of Foreign affairs from the evisa website and received nothing back. We called the number which is very very expensive from Thailand and could not get through except for one time when they asked us to hold and then came back after 3 minutes and hung up the phone.

The money was taken from the credit card the same day (23rd January) as the e-visa was applied for.

We have proceeded to pay for another visa today.

Do not do e-visa unless you want to spend about 2,500 baht to get your Cambodian tourist visa (twice).

we still check on the website and it says the application is still pending and so is the payment, even though they got our money 7 days ago when it came off the credit card, which we checked.

What a scam.

#11 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 10:08

• chewiee

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2008

Just got my e-visa through this morning, after 3 business days as promissed.

#12 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 17:43

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

After trying for nearly a week I managed to get the site and applied and was issued with e-visa.This site seems to appear and disappear at will. I have never come across anything like it!

#13 Posted: 31/1/2009 - 17:58

• bkkorchid

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2009

I used the link provided by somtam2000 in #5, applied for my visa last night 9.30pm bangkok time (worked perfectly well), received my visa by mail this morning at 8am - less then 12 hours processing time. Wow, incredible.

#14 Posted: 1/2/2009 - 00:16

• cyclechick

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2009

Do not apply e-Visa now. Read this from WikiTravel: e-Visa scam?
    The original provider of the e-Visa service was kicked out in murky circumstances, and their site [2] now rails against the evils of the new provider. However, travellers who have obtained e-Visas with the new system report no problems using them.

Check out http://cambodiaevisa.com/

#15 Posted: 17/7/2009 - 16:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.