Visas and border crossings forum

thai border requirements

• jacqueline2-

Joined Travelfish
    12th January, 2009

Hi, just wondering how strict the thai authorities are about showing that a travaller has sufficient funds for their stay? i have 2 credit cards with 6000E limit on them which is more than enough but ive no way to show it as i cant print a statement and dont have a hard copy

#1 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 09:54

• Advertisement

• sabaisabai

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2005
    Total reviews: 24

Hi, I've been in and out of Thailand dozens of times and never never ever been asked anything about proving I had enough money. Anecdotal I know, but I'd say you don't need to worry about it.

#2 Posted: 31/1/2009 - 08:07

• BigRoss

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2007
    Total reviews: 13

Ive never been asked anything either, (in thirty years of visiting SE Asia) but I am elderly and prosperous looking. My sons, (who dress like refugees from Woodstock) have each been in and out of Thailand many times, and no one ever asked them either. If you're worried, just dress up a little for your arrival.

#3 Posted: 8/2/2009 - 12:03

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about. Me or anyone I know (well or terribly dressed, mostly nationals of Western countries but a few Africans too) have never been asked for such proof either.

#4 Posted: 8/2/2009 - 21:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai's visa requirements for Mayalsia ... By mick110971 on 28 Aug 2010 1 1360 28 Aug 2010
Requirements in Beijing for a Thai Tourist Visa, the same everywhere else? ... By brouillette on 20 Aug 2010 5 3521 1 Aug 2012
was asked to pay fees at malaysian-thai border crossing (sadao) by thai immigration? ... By thebigjebowski on 29 Oct 2012 4 1740 4 Nov 2012