Visas and border crossings forum

Visa for Travel Document holders

• aprilmeuych-
    ao

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2009

I am planning to travel to Thailand in mid-April. Since I do not have a U.S. passport but have a Travel Document (re-entry Permit issued by U.S. Homeland Security) I will need to apply for visas to Thailand. Once I arrived to BKK, I will take another flight to Chiang Rai and stayed there for 2 days, then I want to travel to Laos and will be traveling by land through the border of Chiang Khong to Huai Xai, Laos, and will be staying in Laos for 1 week and will return to Thailand again by land from Huai Xai.

I understand I need 2 entries to Thailand. But they asked to if applying for 2 entries to Thailand, I need to send proof that there is 2 entries to Thailand on the ticket. My question is that, will they grant me 2 entries to Thailand even thought my airline ticket does not show 2 entries to Thailand? Will they just accept a letter from me explaining the situation?

Another thing, I want to get the Laos visa done here in the U.S. before I leave, since I will be traveling by land to Laos from Thailand, will the Laos embassy grant me a visa to Laos even though there is no proof that I wil going to Laos?

Sorry, this is kind of long and maybe a little confusing but I am unable to reach anybody for the Laos or Thai embassies here in the U.S.
    Thank you in advance.

#1 Posted: 19/2/2009 - 04:22

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Easier question first -- you do not need to prove you are going to Laos to apply for a visa.

I'm a bit confused -- do you have a passport or not? I've never heard of the Travel document that you mention, so I'm a bit wary of offering too much advice as it may be some kind of special case. that said, if you're applying for the visas stateside, I reckon you're better off asking the consulate/embassy there -- explain your travel plan (it is a very very common one) and see what they suggest.

Hope that is of some help.

#2 Posted: 19/2/2009 - 06:59

• aprilmeuych-
    ao

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2009

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have a United States Passport because I am not a U.S. Citizen. I have a Travel Document (Re-Entry Permit to U.S.) since I am a Permanent Resident with an Alien card (green card).

But in any case, even if there is no proof that there will be 2 entries to Thailand on the ticket...will they be able to issue me 2 entries to Thailand?

It's so hard to get a hold of anyone from the embassy, so I came here. Great site by the way. Thank you.

#3 Posted: 19/2/2009 - 07:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnam Visa on arrival for Indian passport holders ... By jayanraj on 10 Nov 2009 2 7610 10 Nov 2009
Travel companions needed - British passport holders ... By JLam on 26 Jul 2014 0 214 26 Jul 2014