Visas and border crossings forum

Thailand 30day exempt and 15day upon arrival Visa's

• kak

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2009

Hello,
    I have a few questions regarding Visa Requirements for Thailand
    I plan on traveling to Bangkok and around Thailand in April for 2 – 3 weeks. I understand that I am able to stay in Thailand for 30 days as a tourist without a Visa. However, I am meeting up with two friends who are currently traveling in Thailand already. They have a 15-day visa stamp upon arrival (as they did not fly into Thailand). So they will have to leave Thailand before I arrive and come back to meet me. Also, if I am in Thailand for longer then 15 days they will need to do this again hopefully taking me with them and re-entering Thailand for me to depart from Bangkok to fly back home)

My questions are:

1. Am I correct in assuming that as a Canadian citizen I do not need a Tourist Visa upon entering Thailand if length of stay is less then 30 days? 2. Are my friends able to Leave Thailand after their original 15 days are up and re-enter Thailand at any time receiving another 15 day visa stamp upon arrival? And what would the process of this entail?
    3. Are they able to do this Multiple Times?
    4. Am I able to leave Thailand with out an ‘actual’ visa and re-enter Thailand with my friends. And if so would I be issued a new 15 day visa upon arrival?
    I appreciate ANY help!

I appreciate your time, please let me know if you are able to assist with my concerns and questions.

#1 Posted: 13/3/2009 - 01:31

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

1. Am I correct in assuming that as a Canadian citizen I do not need a Tourist Visa upon entering Thailand if length of stay is less then 30 days?

Yes -- as long as you're flying in.

2. Are my friends able to Leave Thailand after their original 15 days are up and re-enter Thailand at any time receiving another 15 day visa stamp upon arrival? And what would the process of this entail?

Yes -- assuming they enter and leave at a land crossing. If they fly in and out they'll get 30 days.

3. Are they able to do this Multiple Times?

Yes, though for a stay more than 90 days in a six month period you're better off to get a tourist visa

4. Am I able to leave Thailand with out an 'actual' visa and re-enter Thailand with my friends. And if so would I be issued a new 15 day visa upon arrival?

Yes.

#2 Posted: 13/3/2009 - 07:55

• kak

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2009

Thank you so much for your help!

I can now book my trip with peace of mind!

#3 Posted: 13/3/2009 - 20:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Can i get a visa extension on a 30day tourist visa without leaving the country? ... By swenglishdan on 31 Dec 2006 5 5104 4 Nov 2012
30day or tourist visa? ... By smithjaco on 4 Jul 2008 2 2140 14 Jul 2008
Visa on arrival in Thailand ... By alptitude on 15 Oct 2011 1 1229 15 Oct 2011
Cambodia to Thailand via overland - where to get visa on arrival ... By jijerton on 29 Jul 2012 1 2215 29 Jul 2012
Visa on Arrival(land crossing from Thailand) - completing the form ... By Boohoo on 24 Oct 2013 6 832 27 Oct 2013