Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Visa exemption for Vietnam

Posted by Lother on 7/4/2009 at 21:34

Hey, my turn to ask the questions for a change.

We're planning to take the boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc next June, and I was wondering about the crossing at Kaam Samnor / Ving Xuong. I know that most nationalities need to have a visa beforehand, as they don't give them on arrival. Luckily however, I carry a passport from a country listed on the "No visa required for travel less than 15 days" list. Now, I was just wondering do I need to have some sort of proof with me that I'm leaving within 15 days or something else to show at the border to get my 15-day visa exemption stamp? (I assume it's just a stamp)

#1 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214

Posted by JamesHamblin on 7/4/2009 at 22:25

Lother thank you for your reply to my query. is there a way I can contact you, e.g email?

james hamblin

#2 JamesHamblin has been a member since 7/4/2009. Posts: 14

Posted by krisim on 8/4/2009 at 13:58

Hi,

We did the boat trip from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc a few month ago and are also holders of passports with "No visa required for travel less than 15 days". When we came to the Vietnam border the staff at the boat collected all passports and we just had to sit and wait when they sorted things out. We were never asked for proof that we were leaving the country.

#3 krisim has been a member since 20/7/2006. Posts: 36

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.