Visas and border crossings forum

vietnam visa

• JamesHamblin

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2009

I fly into Bangkok and want to eventually make my way to vietnam. I know i can get a Laos and Cambodia visa on the border, and i have heard i can get a vietnamese visa at the embassay in bangkok. I was wondering how long it takes for the visa to be obtained when in bangkok. I am stayin in bangkok for two nights so hope it can be done in that time.

thank you

#1 Posted: 8/4/2009 - 17:47

• Advertisement

• jareduk

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2008
    Location United Kingdom

If you go via Cambodia it is far easier to get your Vietnam visa in either Battamabang or Sihanoukville, I have heard that it is far quicker to get them from here.

If you search around on ther forumns there are a couple of posts with regards to this.

jared

#2 Posted: 8/4/2009 - 19:02

• timpdx

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2009

It is easy to get your Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh. I got mine on a Saturday, in just a few hours. Numerous agents can get it done quick there, if that is where your travel plans take you. Cambodia is the easiest place to get the visa.

#3 Posted: 1/5/2009 - 06:43

• chicho83

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

I got my vietnamese visa in sihanoukville, cambodia. Easiest visa ive ever had, took 15 minutes. Just filled in a short form (which they quickly helped with any queries), paid the fee and 15 minutes later, hey presto! got mine 3 weeks ago

#4 Posted: 1/5/2009 - 17:52

• monicon

Joined Travelfish
    22nd November, 2009

All this info on obtaining a viet visa in PP is interesting but sometimes confusing. I will be in PP about noon on the 6th Jan 2010 & intend to leave on the 8th around 10am. I am hoping that this will be sufficient time to get a visa. Any comments? Also can anyone give me the name & address of a reliable & reputable agent that can handle this for me. There will be 5 visa in all.
    Thanks for any help.

#5 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 08:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.