Visas and border crossings forum

Indonesia Visa in Bangkok

• smkuchta

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2007

The wife and I just got our Indonesian Visas in Bangkok and I thought I'd summarize the process asI couldn't find anything already out there.

Visa application is 9-12 M-F. Pickup is 1400-1500, two days later.

We arrived Tues morning about 855am, nobody waiting out front, the door opened 5 minutes later and we submitted our application, copy of itinerary showing flight out of Indonesia,2 photos each, a copy of each passport and $45 each (1 CAN & 1 USA passport).

Embassy website says bank statement is required which we had but the lady didn't seem too interested. We don't look like "backpackers" so not sure if that was the reason or if they just don't care.

We returned Thursday afternoon at 2pm again no line, received our passports and were on our way.

Very painless, no lineups. Take the skytrain to Ratchathewi and the embassy is a few hundred meters walk from there.

#1 Posted: 11/6/2009 - 16:31

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Was that for the 60-day visa?

#2 Posted: 11/6/2009 - 16:52

• smkuchta

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2007

Yes visa on arrival is available for many countries but it is for 30 days if you want 60 days you have to apply (+ pay) for a visa in advance.

#3 Posted: 11/6/2009 - 20:29

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

smkuchta - good info - thanks for the report :-)

#4 Posted: 12/6/2009 - 09:57

• farsidetrav-
    el

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2009

I would like to get a 60 day visa for Indonesia. I will be traveling from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur to Bali and back to Kuala Lumpur. I do not know how long I will stay in Kuala Lumpur so I can't book a ticket yet.

I believe the 60 day visa has to be used within 90 days of being issued.

Do you have to show an actual purchased ticket or just a printout of what your itinerary is (showing the flight times)? I prefer to get the visa stamp while I am in Bangkok rather than wait.

#5 Posted: 17/6/2009 - 14:59

• cbg0927

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2013
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm with @farsidetravel - most places I've looked online say that you need proof of an onward ticket for the Indonesian visa. Can anyone testify to submitting an application without this piece? Will a reservation do? Is there any way to reason with the officials and give them a legitimate excuse as to why I haven't purchased an onward ticket? (something like: I plan on volunteering in Sumatra and converting my visa into a social visa, or I haven't yet been accepted to my volunteer program in the Philippines thus why I haven't purchased my ticket)

Or is the purchased onward plane ticket out of Indonesia a strict requirement for the issuance of this visa?

#6 Posted: 20/5/2014 - 04:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.