Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

obtaining a visa online.

Posted by edwuppy on 17/6/2009 at 15:51

I was looking online about obtaining a visa and found VISA-VIETNAM.ORG. Is this a legitimate way of getting a visa without going to a consulate?? thanks.

#1 edwuppy has been a member since 24/9/2008. Posts: 23

Posted by DLuek on 18/6/2009 at 02:27 TF writer

This has got to be one of the most frequently asked questions on Travelfish...

Not sure about that site (I would guess it is legit), but I got a visa on arrival from www.guidevietnam.com last February, and it worked out fine.

If you look through the message boards there's plenty of discussion regarding the details about these services.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,148
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by BruceMoon on 18/6/2009 at 06:38

edwuppy

Are you looking for a visa on arrival or the pre-purchase of a visa in your country.

The cheapest method is to get a visa from the Vietnam embassy or consulate in your home country. You specify the approximate time you want to enter and specify 30 days visit.

If you don't know whether you want to visit Vietnam, but suddenly do and you are in a country where it either takes too long to get a visa from the VN embassy or there isn't one, then you can arrange for an entry visa on arrival for you to collect at either HaNoi or SaiGon.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by DLuek on 18/6/2009 at 10:16 TF writer

Actually, the visa on arrival service was a bit cheaper than it would have cost to send my passport in to the Vietnam embassy in the States.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,148
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by edwuppy on 21/6/2009 at 18:36

thanks so much for the information!!!

#5 edwuppy has been a member since 24/9/2008. Posts: 23

Posted by dejavu619 on 21/3/2011 at 10:35

If you want to obtain such information for uk visa or others. this is the right site to go to. :)

#6 dejavu619 has been a member since 6/1/2011. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.