Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Vietnam visa dates

Posted by fivesilver on 28/6/2009 at 08:43

Sorry if this has been dealt with already - I'm in a hurry with a dodgy internet connection.

Just got a Vietnam visa in Vientiane. It's got two dates on it, stating "valid from" and "until".

Are these specific dates between which I can be in Vietnam? Or do I just have to enter between these dates and get stamped for 30 days?
I've ben given conflicting information, and need to know for certain very soon.

#1 fivesilver has been a member since 3/8/2008. Posts: 39

Posted by BruceMoon on 28/6/2009 at 09:31

fivesilver

To get the visa you HAD to nominate dates.

From others' posts here on Travelfish, as long as you enter within a reasonable period from the 'begin' date (ie say within 10 days) your 30 days will operate from then.

If in doubt, talk to the immigration person at the border/airport. Or the embassy you got the visa from.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by fivesilver on 28/6/2009 at 09:44

Thanks Bruce,
I naively handed the pasports to a travel agent who told me not to worry abut filling in the application - she must have filled it in herself.

Next dumb question:
If I try to enter just a few days before the visa expires, with a view to getting an extension, what are the chances of being turned back?

#3 fivesilver has been a member since 3/8/2008. Posts: 39

Posted by BruceMoon on 28/6/2009 at 10:35

fivesilver

I really don't know.

I doubt you'd get knocked back, but I'm completely unsure of how many days you'd get in Vietnam.

I don't know where you are now, but if there is an embassy nearby (or where you'll be soon), go and talk to them, they'd be in a better position to advise.

Cheers

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.