Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Siem Reap to HCMC

Posted by jdahm17 on 17/8/2009 at 04:12

The last post on this topic is over 2 yrs old, so I thought I would see if anyone has any updates. I'm debating whether to do this leg by plane ($190 on Vietnam Air is the cheapest I've found) or bus and have some questions about traveling by bus.

1. Are there any direct buses from Siem Reap to HCMC or will I have to buy 2 seperate tickets: SR to PP then PP to HCMC?

2. Can this trip be done overland in 1 day?

3. I know the Bavet / Moc Bai border crossing is the most popular, so does that mean its quick and simple to get through or crowded and slow? I already have my Vietnam tourist visa.

4. How much will it cost to travel overland?

5. Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance!

#1 jdahm17 has been a member since 17/7/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by BruceMoon on 18/8/2009 at 15:18

jdahm17

1. I'm not aware of same. It's as you assume (for time reasons).

2. It's 5 to 6 hours SR > PP, and 6 or so hours.

3. I haven't actually used, but info given is that it's a straight through run - except that all the bus pax must be 'processed' before continuing the journey.

4. A year ago, SR - PP US$10, and I think the PP > HCMC was US$12. Go here to check for yourself.

5. I'd suggest a more reputable company such as Capitol or Mekong Express over other offerings.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by BruceMoon on 18/8/2009 at 15:20

# 2 should read...

2. It's 5 to 6 hours SR > PP, and 6 or so hours to HCMC from PP.

Sorry

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.