Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Proof of Onward Flight for Camb/Laos VIs

Posted by BruceMoon on 21/8/2009 at 06:04

jendo

I'm assuming you wanted to know whether when you enter these nations, the border/immigration people want to see 'evidence' of a 'booked' outward journey.

My experience is no.

It appears they leave that decision to you. And, if you overstay your time, you must pay a fine.

Cheers

#1 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by jendo on 21/8/2009 at 06:12

Ahh way to make me first post and well seeing I'm a newbie, I leaned on the wrong button and it posted it before I even finished writing the title! And I can't source an edit function....sorry folks :(

aaanyway, I was TRYING to say, that after extensive reading of your illustrious site (love the efish idea, I hope it is well utilised!!) I cannot see whether proof of an onward flight is required for successful Visa applications for Cambodia and Laos. I will be in SE Asia for 7 weeks and will be flying into Phnom Penh after around 2 weeks in Thailand (for quickness and to be good for the 30 day free Visa in Thailand with proof of onward flight), so for all they know I might lounge around Cambodia for the remaining 5 weeks!

I gather from other posts I have read that checking for onward flights in Thailand is rather haphazardly and infrequently enforced, so will the officials perhaps not be worrying about this as much as me in Cam and Laos..?

Thanks for your patience :)

#2 jendo has been a member since 20/8/2009. Posts: 10

Posted by BDV on 24/8/2009 at 15:53

jendo:

during the last 9 months have crossed 4 times into Cambodia and 3 times into Laos at different border points and not once was an onward ticket ever brought up.

As for Thailand, flew in twice and crossed overland twice and was never asked for proof of an onward flight/ticket.

The country that have had this issue is to the Philippines...check in staff would not let me check in without a confirmed flight out....so had to buy the cheapest return ticket just to get on the flight.

#3 BDV has been a member since 27/9/2008. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.