Visas and border crossings forum

Vietnam visa in Bkk??!! 0____0

• soQQuadro

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2009

Does anyone know how long would it take and the cost of it??
    thankSS

#1 Posted: 24/8/2009 - 08:02

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

The 'visia' post on Travelfish ( here ) states:

Vietnam
    Popular visa types: Tourist

The Tourist Visa for Vietnam must be issued before arrival and the typical visa is valid for 30 days. Depending on the consulate or embassy that issues it, the visa begins to expire from the day it is issued...

The cost of a Vietnamese visa varies tremendously depending on where you apply -- a Vietnamese tourist visa costs A$70 in Sydney, Australia, but just US$25 in Jakarta, Indonesia and US$30 in Bangkok, Thailand.

Yet, a (supposed) VN embassy site says US$50 - 85. And, 5 to 7 days...

Go here , and it includes the address.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Vietnam doesn't say how much a visa costs (look here ) so, it may now be open market prices :(

Also look here for a statement that it costs 1500baht.

If you happen to be going to Phnom Penh or Sihanhoukville, the processing time may be quicker.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 24/8/2009 - 09:01

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Am pretty sure this is the official website for the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok I think the sites noted by BM above are travel/visa agents, so not surprising their pries are higher.

There's some price and consular info on the Embassy site, including some details on the express fees -- they say 1-4 day turnaround.

Travelhappy has a good write-up on getting a Vietnamese visa in Bangkok which may be of use -- some of the comments at the end suggest it is now a four day service, but that next day service is available (for a premium).

Cheers

#3 Posted: 24/8/2009 - 09:21

• soQQuadro

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2009

thansalot bruce and somtam :D
    mmh. I can just hope that is still $30 !! well I think I'll do it there instead of here in NZ. probably I'll end up paying the same but what the ****. I'll give me a bit of a mission once in Bangkok.
    thanks again boys :)))

#4 Posted: 24/8/2009 - 10:13

• BDV

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2008

soQQuadro:

VN Visa definitely not USD30.00 in Bangkok anymore....think the rate for the 30 day Visa now is THD1850 (same price quoted by Embassy staff and travel agents).

There are a few travel agents around who still say they can get for THB1,500.

If you passing through Cambodia, way better to get in Phnom Penh or Sihanoukville.

#5 Posted: 24/8/2009 - 15:42

• soQQuadro

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2009

alright. still cheaper than here. thanks,
    going " clockwise" so cambodia will be the last country to visit be4 returning to bangkok and catch the flight home :))

#6 Posted: 25/8/2009 - 06:02

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

I did it in Bangkok two years ago and costed $100!!! They said this was my only option.

#7 Posted: 25/8/2009 - 12:58

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

matto - was that a last minute, I need the visa in five nano seconds style deal? or some kind of multiple entry/business style visa? Price seems very high.

#8 Posted: 25/8/2009 - 13:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.