Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Visas and exit tickets?

Posted by wincom on 27/8/2009 at 10:22

Do we need to produce proof of departure when applying for entry visas to Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia?

#1 wincom has been a member since 27/8/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by BruceMoon on 27/8/2009 at 10:50

wincom

I've never been asked for proof of departure. My understanding is that if you overstay, when you go to leave, you pay up big time.

That said, some airlines do want proof of onwards journey before they'll carry you. One of these carriers operates into Vietnam: Jetstar. there may be others. But, I've tended to fly with AirAsia, and they've never enforced that notion.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by wincom on 27/8/2009 at 15:18

Thanks for the reply: think i read it applies with Quantas or Jetstar flights. OK cos we'll be using Air Asia, good to know this wont be a problem.

Also do yo know if we can apply for a Vietnam visa in Kuala Lumpah? Our itinery is Maylasia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia back to KL> We werent planning on doin Bankok this trip so are looking for options to get Vietnam visa.

Great site, so much info for us newbies!!!
Cheers

#3 wincom has been a member since 27/8/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by BruceMoon on 28/8/2009 at 06:37

wincom

Personally, I find the hassle of getting a Vietnamese visa annoying. Not only do they charge different amounts re: country of traveller origin, but they are slow as a wet week. For this reason, I get my visa at my home country.

Reading Travelfish, the quickest and (somewhat) easiest places are Sihanhoukville (1) and Phnom Penh (2). While you can get a visa in Kuala Lumpur, I don't know the price or time delay.

Try emailing them and seeking your answer. Look at this link and scroll down to 23 for embassy & email details.

Cheers

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.