Visas and border crossings forum

Visas and exit tickets?

• wincom

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2009

Do we need to produce proof of departure when applying for entry visas to Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia?

#1 Posted: 27/8/2009 - 10:22

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

wincom

I've never been asked for proof of departure. My understanding is that if you overstay, when you go to leave, you pay up big time.

That said, some airlines do want proof of onwards journey before they'll carry you. One of these carriers operates into Vietnam: Jetstar. there may be others. But, I've tended to fly with AirAsia, and they've never enforced that notion.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 27/8/2009 - 10:50

• wincom

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2009

Thanks for the reply: think i read it applies with Quantas or Jetstar flights. OK cos we'll be using Air Asia, good to know this wont be a problem.

Also do yo know if we can apply for a Vietnam visa in Kuala Lumpah? Our itinery is Maylasia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia back to KL> We werent planning on doin Bankok this trip so are looking for options to get Vietnam visa.

Great site, so much info for us newbies!!!
    Cheers

#3 Posted: 27/8/2009 - 15:18

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

wincom

Personally, I find the hassle of getting a Vietnamese visa annoying. Not only do they charge different amounts re: country of traveller origin, but they are slow as a wet week. For this reason, I get my visa at my home country.

Reading Travelfish, the quickest and (somewhat) easiest places are Sihanhoukville (1) and Phnom Penh (2). While you can get a visa in Kuala Lumpur, I don't know the price or time delay.

Try emailing them and seeking your answer. Look at this link and scroll down to 23 for embassy & email details.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 28/8/2009 - 06:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.