Visas and border crossings forum

Cambodia EVisa Scheme

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

With trepidation knowing all the problems there have been with the Cambodia eVisa system, I decided to take the plunge and have a go...

The site I used was http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx?PortDir=Asc&VisaApplicationDir=Asc

I don't enter Cambodia until 11th October, so I can't guarentee I will get in, but with a few hiccups I do now possess what appears to be a valid Cambodian eVisa.

The major hiccup was that after payment had been processed the site goes to a non-existant page. However, it does appear all has been processed as it should as when you use the Check and Change system it shows Payment approved.

Less than 24 hours after applying I had an e-mail confirming my Visa had been accepted and I could print out two copies to take with me.

Will keep you posted as to what actually happens when I arrive in Cambodia and whether it was worth the $5 processing fee in reduced wait times/hassle etc.

As an aside, I have also booked to fly between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh with the new national carrier. I'm taking my parents to Cambodia for the first time and didn't think they would appreciate a 5-6 hours bus journey all that much, esepcially as we only have two weeks. The flight cost $64 including all taxes. Will keep you posted on what the airline is like etc!

#1 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 17:25

• Advertisement

• prana16

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2009

I was in Cambodia last week and got an evisa. It was painless and worked beautifully and allowed me to ignore all the visa sellers on both sides of the border. In and out of immigration in a couple minutes.
    It is true though that when going through the process after payment, you get to a point were the page doesn't load. But after checking it seems everything has gone through. My girlfriend also got one separately and had the same experience.

#2 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 18:12

• prana16

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2009

I was in Cambodia last week and got an evisa. It was painless and worked beautifully and allowed me to ignore all the visa sellers on both sides of the border. In and out of immigration in a couple minutes.
    It is true though that when going through the process after payment, you get to a point were the page doesn't load. But after checking it seems everything has gone through. My girlfriend also got one separately and had the same experience.

#3 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 18:13

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Cambodia's latest airline -- yes do report on how they are.

Past Khmer airlines include (c/-Wiki:
    Air Cambodia
    Angkor Airways
    Cambodia Airlines
    Cambodia Angkor Air
    Kampuchea Airlines
    President Airlines
    PMTair
    Royal Khmer Airlines
    Royal Phnom Penh Airways
    Siem Reap Airways

Lot of airlines for a small country!

#4 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 18:16

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Thanks prana16... I'm pretty confident I found the right site so all should be well - especially as my experience of getting the visa gels with yours!

As I said, my parents are joining me on this trip as they wanted to visit Cambodia and either I'll be laughing as I'll be through immigration in a few mins, or they'll be laughing when I have to buy a new visa! I'm hoping I'm the one laughing!

Somtam - will certainly report back on the new airline after the journey! It certainly is an impressive amount of airlines for a small-ish country to rack up!

#5 Posted: 10/9/2009 - 22:37

• rachelmoss99

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2009

I've been trying to get e-visas but keep coming up with a system error. Has anyone got one in the last week or so?

#6 Posted: 2/10/2009 - 16:57

• RedSalmon

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2009

I applied for my e-visa this morning and it was approved in a couple of hours. The website: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx
    is very user-friendly. It was a very pleasant experience, I'll give it thumbs-up and applause! Can't wait to visit Cambodia.

#7 Posted: 10/11/2009 - 15:16

• rachelmoss99

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2009

Yes in the end I did the same as you & received it very quickly.
    Was brilliant at customs - everyone else had to queue for a visa
    & we whizzed through! Loved Cambodia. Have a great trip!

#8 Posted: 11/11/2009 - 03:31

• RedSalmon

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2009

Many thanks!

#9 Posted: 12/11/2009 - 08:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cambodia eVisa - Hat Lek / Ko Kong ... By stever1000 on 17 Mar 2014 2 582 20 Mar 2014