Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Acquiring a Visa for China in Vietnam

Posted by JunglistSolja on 9/10/2009 at 05:31

Hey all,
I read somewhere on here that Hanoi in vietnam was not giving out Visas for China and in fact the place to get a visa would be HCMC. My questions are... Would it be a good idea to apply for a Chinese visa in advance? or if I apply in HCMC will I still be able to spend 4 weeks in Vietnam before traveling into china.
any advice would be greatly appreciated as if I can't get into China my flight from Beijing to Seoul would be a bust.

Thanks a bunch
Mark

#1 JunglistSolja has been a member since 4/10/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/10/2009 at 15:41 admin

Think you'd be best to go to the horse's mouth on this. The email addy for the consulate in Saigon is chinaconsul_hcm_vn@mfa.gov.cn I'd suggest dropping them a line and see what they have to say.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by JunglistSolja on 10/10/2009 at 01:01

That is just the piece of info I was hoping to receive. A horse is a horse of course of course. Thanks alot for the reply on this one, it's much appreciated.

#3 JunglistSolja has been a member since 4/10/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/10/2009 at 07:24 admin

You're welcome -- let us know what they have to say.

Cheers

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.