Visas and border crossings forum

Visa on Arrival - Cambodja

• Lawoat

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi All,

I am currently in Can Tho at the moment and will be moving to Phu Quoc island pretty soon. After that we are planning on going to Cambodja. We intended to use the border crossing between Ha Tien and Kep (don't know the actual bordercrossing places) with the Visa on arrival. I have howver now heared that that border crossing does not do Visa on arrival?

Anyone knows anyhting about that or should we plan on going to Chau Doc to get in to Cambodja?

Any help would be highly appreciated!!

PS: I have worn my Travelfish T-Shirt in HCMC the last couple of days...unfortunately I didn't met any other travelfishers :-(

#1 Posted: 15/11/2009 - 22:35

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hmmm, visa on arrival at that border has been available for a couple of years. Are you hearing this from travellers who have been turned back, or reading reports online?

No worries on the tshirt -- I wear them everyday and yet to meet anyone - it is a select club!

#2 Posted: 16/11/2009 - 11:02

• Lawoat

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

I met an Australian guy, who was turned down at the border crossing... We will probably ust go for it...I ll try and report back in a few days with an update.

Somtam2000; you need to get out of the house and from behind your computer to meet people ;-) Just kidding ;-)))

#3 Posted: 16/11/2009 - 12:25

• Lawoat

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2009

Ok I have made it trough...We arrived at Ha Tien coming from Phu Quoc and at the docks there is a tourist agency that caters for transport to Kep .

We shared a taxi to the border, did all the necessary checks and a second taxi was waiting on the Cambodian side to take you to Kep. Taxi with 4 people all the way costed us 8 USD per person.

You can alos take a mototaxi (6USD) to the border, but transport from the Cambodian side to Kep is very scarce (no cars and didn't really saw any mototaxi either). The road from the border to Kep is unpaved in the beginning but it has a very nice scenery. A pleasant way to enter the country.

And fyi; in 2010 there are plans of installing a boat from Phu Quoc straight to Kep...

#4 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 19:41

• szhmle

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2009

How much were you charged for your Cambodian visa on arrival at the Ha Tien border crossing? How long did it take them to process you?

#5 Posted: 4/1/2010 - 20:36

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

szhmle,

There is a recent report of crossing at this border with transport costs here. As long as you show up with the right cash in US, shouldn't have problems paying the standard visa on arrival fee.

#6 Posted: 5/1/2010 - 07:06

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

dont know why im reading this thread but i'm currently snowed in so dont have much else to do...

i wore my travelfish t-shirt in Ayuttaya and Phimai in Thailand and each time i did i heard "OH WOW, TRAVELFISH!" from somewhere behind me. Great way to make friends.

thats my not-so-relevant two cents/pence

#7 Posted: 5/1/2010 - 17:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.