Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

How do I get Laotian visa at China/ Laos border, if I am going straight from Kunming- Luang Prabang?

Posted by suswati37 on 22/11/2009 at 22:48

Hi there, I just have a query:

I'm planning on taking the long distance bus from Kunming to Luang Prabang but was not sure if it stops at the border on time to pick up a visa. If I won't be able to get to Laos on time, I can't enter, and I only have a one way bus from Kunming all the way to Luang Prabang. Any suggestions?

#1 suswati37 has been a member since 21/11/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 14
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by somsai on 22/11/2009 at 23:15

Normaly I don't answer questions when I don't have recent personal experience.

From numerous reports on blogs etc. the bus waits while you fill out the forms. Bring a photo and don't bother worrying about filling out the parts that ask what hotel etc you are staying in. Name pasport number expiration date are the important bits. The process for visa and entry stamp in Laos is faster than it once was.

Sok dee

#2 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 567

Posted by christay2009 on 22/11/2009 at 23:42

Thats exactly how it works, at least in my experience a month ago

i caught the bus to Luang Nam Tha but the process is the same, the bus stops while you exit China then you hop back on again, it pulls up at the Laos side, you all get out and fill in your forms, pay your money, hop back on the bus and away you go

easy

for a recent border crossing experience from China into Laos check out;

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/tripreports/7833_laos-as-i-go---

#3 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414

Posted by suswati37 on 5/12/2009 at 15:05

Thanks alot! That's a relief...

#4 suswati37 has been a member since 21/11/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 14
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.