Visas and border crossings forum

Flying into Vietnam and out of Thailand--any issues?

• stardar

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2009

Hi there,
    We're from the US and planning a 6 week trip to SEA flying into Saigon and out of Bangkok--were planning on doing the visa on arrival in Vietnam through one of the various companies, but read that some people have had some issues when you don't have proof that you're leaving Vietnam. Anyone ever dealt with this or have advice?

thanks in advance!
    *rebecca

#1 Posted: 30/11/2009 - 13:18

• Advertisement

• tapeface88

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2010

Hello...
    I was planning to do just this in a few months. Did you end up going / leaving this way and how did it work out for you?
    Your response is very appreciated! Thank you
    -Tori

#2 Posted: 12/5/2010 - 02:29

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I had no problem with this at the end of last year. I flew into Hanoi, travelled overland down through to HCMC and the Mekong Delta area, then took a boat into Phnom Penh (Cambodia). After travelling around in Cambodia, I flew into Thailand. I didn't have any tickets out at any point, and was never once asked.

#3 Posted: 12/5/2010 - 03:57

• Donnie_Darko

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2010

I'm planning on flying into Hanoi from Taiwan, flying to Luang Prabang, traveling over land to Cambodia and then back to Vietnam via HCMC and then flying out to Canada. I will be in SEA for more than 30 days.

Will i have problems re-entering Vietnam?

#4 Posted: 13/5/2010 - 00:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.