Visas and border crossings forum

VIETNAM VISA IN LAOS?

• RACHYPF

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2009

Can anyone suggest best place for ghetting Vietnam visa?
    Live UK will be in Thailand and Laos before Vietnam?
    Also if get in UK do we have to enter on the date we give or can it be after, know we cant stay over!
    Also do we need Malaysia visa dont think we do

#1 Posted: 14/12/2009 - 21:37

• Advertisement

• jwc

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

You should be able to get your visa when you cross the border or land at the airport. It takes about 15 minutes depending on the line. If you get the visa before you enter vietnam and arrive after your visa start date, it's not a problem...just don't stay past the exit date. ;)

#2 Posted: 14/12/2009 - 21:57

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

you can get them easily in Vientiane, Laos. The quicker you want it the more it costs, you can have it done in one day. I think the scale was something like $55 for a day, $45 for 3 and $35 for 5 days but i'm not 100% sure on that

#3 Posted: 14/12/2009 - 22:40

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

jwc - unless something has changed since I was there 6 months ago this is bad advice. You must have a visa for Vietnam BEFORE arriving at the border or airport (unless in the case of the airport you have arranged an electronic visa, in which case you must have an "approval letter"). Again, unless something has changed, if you roll up to the border without a visa or approval letter then you will not be let in to Vietnam.

Chris is correct - I got a visa for Vietnam at the Vientiane consulate, and that seems to be the best place in Laos to get one. It was easy - no line at all - took one day for processing and cost around US$50. The consulate's easy to find too.

Good luck

#4 Posted: 15/12/2009 - 12:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.