Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

whats the best and cheapest way to travel from thailand to bali?

Posted by ralphy18 on 31/12/2009 at 03:15

i'm travelling to Thailand (ko toa) from 22nd march to 29th 2010.
i am a keen surfer and want to visit bali (3wks spent there) in the middle of this visit.

I am not sure what kind of visa i need for thailand and bali for the time periods stayed in each.

any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Ralph

#1 ralphy18 has been a member since 31/12/2009. Posts: 2
 Twitter 

Posted by ralphy18 on 31/12/2009 at 03:42

i also wanted to ask - as i arrive in bangkok on the 22nd of march and am ticketed to fly back to london on the 29th of may do i need to have proof with a ticket to bali to prove that i am leaving and returning to thailand within that time, which therefor renews my 30day visitor visa?

#2 ralphy18 has been a member since 31/12/2009. Posts: 2
 Twitter 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 31/12/2009 at 10:23 TF writer

I'm guessing you're a UK citizen? For Thailand you receive a free 30 day tourist visa on arrival. For Indonesia you get a visa on arrival at the airport, but you have to pay for it: $10 USD for 7 day visa or $25 USD for a 30 day visa.

AirAsia.com flies direct between Bangkok and Bali. It looks like the usual price for a return flight is around 10,000B.

As long as you have a return ticket to the UK you won't have any problem with your Thai visa.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by DLuek on 1/1/2010 at 01:12 TF writer

Yes, Air Asia should be cheapest way from Bangkok to Bali, Jetstar does it cheap too I believe, but probably with a stopover in Singapore. Just check out their websites.

I've never been asked to show proof of onward travel when entering Thailand.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,148
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.