Visas and border crossings forum

Oops, how long does it take to get through customs at BKK?

• robhip

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2009

Hello, I need a little advice (even though I feel like I already know the answer)--> Girlfriend and I have connecting flights from BKK to HKT at 12:25 on 2/22. Our flight from SAI-BKK is scheduled to arrive at 11:15... do we have any chance to get our packs, go through customs and still make our flight to Phuket? (note: we will have already been in Bangkok on 2/11) Thanks for any info and feel free to call me an idiot for booking the flights so closely together.

#1 Posted: 2/2/2010 - 13:17

• Advertisement

• milliec86

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2008

Hi!

BKK is a pretty big airport. It will take you a while just to walk from one side to another. Pretty sure you won't have enough time! If you need to book another flight, I got a really cheap one on sale through Air Asia for the 20/02, so probably will be similar ($20.00). Otherwise try Nok Air. Not sure if they still fly to phuket but they used to.

Good Luck!

Millie

#2 Posted: 2/2/2010 - 14:46

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Immigration usually doesn't take that long. I'd say the biggest hold up will be if you have to wait for checked baggage. Can you bring your packs as carry-ons? Never say never... You can do it - just hijack one of those little carts and make it happen! Otherwise get yourself in shape and be ready for a run! I'm predicting you'll make it. Good luck!

#3 Posted: 3/2/2010 - 02:02

• robhip

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2009

Hey, thanks for the replies! I just ended up switching it to a later flight... but I feel like I would have made it. I guess we'll never know :) Back at work now, but all I can think about was how great that trip was. Happy trails!

#4 Posted: 8/3/2010 - 07:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
How long does customs clearance take on entry to BKK? ... By laminaria on 18 Mar 2011 5 5488 19 Mar 2011