Visas and border crossings forum

Visas on Vietnam -> Laos -> Camboja -> Thailand

• samamba

Joined Travelfish
    10th March, 2010

Hello, I was wondering about the way that I should do my Asia backpack in order to get the easy cross-borders and visas.
    I'm arriving in Saigon in the 5th of April, and I was wondering what would be the easiest trip.
    Vietnam -> Laos -> Camboja -> Thailand
    or
    Vietnam -> Camboja -> Laos -> Thailand

thanks guys

#1 Posted: 16/3/2010 - 17:09

• Advertisement

• francesstel-
    la

Click here to learn more about francesstella
    Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2009
    Location Italy

Hi Samamba,

This is what I gather from Travelfish: "Visa on arrival [in Laos] is not available at the Paksan crossing, nor the popular southern crossing from Cambodia. If you are planning on travelling from Cambodia to Laos overland, you must get your Lao visa beforehand -- Phnom Penh is an easy option."

http://www.travelfish.org/laos-visas.php

From what I gather, this could be your only hitch. It's not a major problem as you could obtain a visa from a Laotian embassy in Cambodia in advance.

Keep in mind that if you're gonna be entering Thailand overland on the last leg of your trip you're only gonna get a 15 day visa vs a 30 day visa by arriving via an airport.

Take care!
    FSH

#2 Posted: 17/3/2010 - 06:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Myanmar and Camboja or Laos ... By xaxaia on 11 Mar 2013 0 1232 11 Mar 2013
Mobile in Thai/Camboja/Vietnam ... By Ingrids on 12 Oct 2009 5 3181 16 Nov 2009