Photo: How long can you commit for?

Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteering at Andaman Discoveries

Posted by suki on 24/6/2010 at 14:58

Hi there,

I m volunteering at Andaman Discoveries at the moment and I m just loving it so I thought you might be interested:

Andaman Discoveries is based in Kuraburi, 3h north of Phuket . Kuraburi is a cute little town where you hardly see tourists and everything is still very authentic and laidback.
I am volunteering in the office at the moment but you can also teach english at a burmese school, a disabled school in Phuket or an orphanage.
It is not free but all the money you pay (beside accomodation and operational costs) goes into the project you are volunteering in.

Andaman Discoveries also provide community based tourism and they already won a lot of prices like the 'Global Vision Award', the 'Virgin Holidays Responsible Tourism Award' and the 'Seed Award'. This proves that they are doing a good job!

Have a look at their website:

www.andamandiscoveries.com

#1 suki has been a member since 24/6/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.