Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteer offering services in Cambodia Dec - June

• JustinKase

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2010

26th.07.2010

Good Morning / Afternoon

I hope this post finds you all well.

My name is Justin, I’m 26 years old; I was born in Melbourne Australia and grew up in Canada. Currently I am employed as an IT consultant with a Bank in Australia. I will be finishing in my current role late October and hope attain volunteer work overseas. My first language is English and I have also studied French and Italian. Previously, I worked in various industries, such as commercial printing, telecommunications, Information Technology and others.

Having researched the various volunteer roles available, I discovered a few forum post on Travelfish.org and it immediately they drew my attention. Having said that, I am hoping I could come to an agreement or some offer of assistance.

My plan is to enter Cambodia around November /December and to stay as long as I can afford and am needed. I can teach or assist in teaching any science or math subjects as well English, physics and engineering.

I am physically fit and able happy to perform even the most simple remedial task if required and as long as It can deemed a positive task. My preference is to not pay an organisation to volunteer my services. At the same time, I expect no remuneration and I believe that there will be no cost to your organization for the duration of my stay.

I am happy to curtail my trip to suit others needs, as well as prepare a program for anything I may be able to offer.

Feel free to look me up on facebook.com ( mrkrix@hotmail.com ) or contact me as you see fit. Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. If you are not in need of what I may be able to provide please feel free to forward this letter to any relevant parties.

Regards

Justin Krix

If you require personal contact details for me they can be provided upon request...

#1 Posted: 26/7/2010 - 07:31

• Advertisement

• travellite

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2010

Justin,

I'm curious have you found anywhere to volunteer? I'm in your same position with some of your same credentials. I'm an civil engineer specializing in structures and would love to volunteer with bldg housing or schools, etc. However don't want to be charged to do so. I look for nothing in return in the form of accomodation, etc. just want to offer my services.

#2 Posted: 10/11/2010 - 05:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.