Photo: How long can you commit for?

Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteering Thailand

Posted by lola899 on 8/9/2010 at 21:30

Looking for a good place to volunteer in Thailand, anyone would like to share their experience...

#1 lola899 has been a member since 7/9/2010. Posts: 36

Posted by idreamofdurian on 9/9/2010 at 00:20 TF writer

It would help to know what kind of volunteer work you want to do.... teaching English, working with underprivileged kids, something with animals, etc. Also, are you willing to pay a placement fee to volunteer? A lot of the popular options (ex. volunteering with elephants or gibbons) charge you.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by SiamVolunteer on 8/2/2011 at 02:52

Hello

If you are interested in teaching English to the Children of Thailand, please let me know. We have a number of schools that are waiting for volunteers to join our project. Our organisation is based in Chiayaphum, which is 5 hours NorthEast of Bangkok. Whilst Chiayaphum isn't on the tourist trail, it is a decent sized town with all the amenities that you would expect from a town in the West. We have a number of schools in the town and also in the counrtyside, so the choice would be yours.

please check out our website www.siamvolunteer.org

We do charge a small adminstration fee of $250USD, this ensure that we know you are commited with part of the fee goes towards running our organisation, the remainder goes to help the schools in the region. I am very confident that our fee is one of the lowest volunteering fees in Thailand. There are no other hidden fees and we will arrange your homestay, and onward transportation to your placement school. Your meals and weekend activities are also provided.

If you are interested please email me at teach@siamvolunteer.org

With kind regards

Luke Barletta
on behalf of Siam Volunteer

#3 SiamVolunteer has been a member since 16/1/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by Nola_Lee_Kelsey on 6/3/2011 at 06:35

Hi Lola, If you have a preferred part of Thailand and/.or focus (Women’s issues, youth, teaching, archeology, wildlife, dogs...) I'd be happy to send some ideas along. There are many great opportunities in Thailand. The entire list would be a long post indeed.

#4 Nola_Lee_Kelsey has been a member since 16/1/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 11
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by lola899 on 11/3/2011 at 23:10

hey looking to do some volunteering in south of thailand..by the islands looking for beach/tsunami work restoration... any programs out there?

#5 lola899 has been a member since 7/9/2010. Posts: 36

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.