Volunteering in Asia forum

volunteering in thailand

• luciedudek

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2011

Hello!
    I am currently planning my trip to Thailand, for next year (around November to January 2012).
    I would be really interested in volunteering for a minimum of two weeks, anywhere in Thailand. I love working with children, and i would be particularly interested in working in an orphanage or teaching English!
    I am having quite a bit of trouble finding something though, as many organizations are asking for huge fees... I have been told that these fees do not benefit the children, and that many organizations although they say are non profit, are actually not.

I understand that I may need to pay a certain amount for different things such as accommodation or food, and that is fine!

Finally, I am not yet 18 and will not be for the start of my trip, and quite a few volunteering website only accept over 18...

Your help is much appreciated!
    Thank you!

#1 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 11:57

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.