Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteering english teachingin Cambodia and Laos?

• Donman1990

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2012

Hi,
    I'm planning on doing 3-4 months backpacking next year through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. during this time I'm really hoping to do some volunteer English teaching, particularly in Cambodia, but I'd also be happy to do some in Laos. The main question I have is, to what extent do you need to organize this before leaving? Is it easy enough to do a 2-4 weeks of volunteer work in these areas just through meeting people in the area, or do I have to go through an application system before I leave? If this is the case, what are some good organisations? I'm not really looking to do one of those pay $2000 and work, I'm happy to fully support my self and volunteer this way! any general suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm also a qualified Secondary English Teacher (or will be at the end of the year) if this changes anything.

#1 Posted: 10/4/2012 - 01:57

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

You can teach english in Cambodia and get $10 an hour for it.You'll still get the experience of teaching and you won't be putting anybody out of a job.

#2 Posted: 10/4/2012 - 04:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Free Volunteering in Cambodia - Teach English! ... By volunteerincambodia on 27 Jun 2008 0 3854 27 Jun 2008
North Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia - English 31/F - October & November ... By katiepeeps on 17 Aug 2012 2 1391 18 Aug 2012
Buddy for a 19 y.o English girl; Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Malaysia - March 2011. :) ... By sheppers on 30 Sep 2010 9 4383 8 Mar 2011