Volunteering in Asia forum

How to find a volunteering company

• Liz001

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2013

We have just started a website Careerbreak360 and a Meetup in London about Career Breaks. There were a few people there who were very interested in doing volunteering work, and were asking you go about finding a good volunteering organization.

With so many 'voluntourism' companies around, does anyone have any good recommendations?

#1 Posted: 10/1/2013 - 15:01

• Advertisement

• tatspaghetti

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2012

Dear Liz

I am a volunteer at a Safari Park in Thailand who always need skilled workers to help with cage design and building, animal husbandry, marketing etc. If this is what you are looking for please get in touch :)

#2 Posted: 11/1/2013 - 09:35

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Be weary of these "voluntourism" companies... At least, check them out thoroughly before paying their often hefty fees.

One that offers a broad range of opportunities that I know to be good is Volunteers for Peace - http://www.vfp.org/

A great resource for longer term opportunities (almost never a fee at all) is www.idealist.org. You can search opportunities as posted directly by small charities in practically every country in the world, thereby skipping over the placement agencies, which generally seem to just be businesses, and many of them unscrupulous ones at that.

#3 Posted: 11/1/2013 - 21:52

• EmiliSmith

Joined Travelfish
    23rd May, 2014

I run a humanitarian organization in India that offers volunteering opportunities to improve lives of poor families especially children and women in Dharamsala, Palampur, Manali's rural villages. If you want to plan a volunteer program, I would ready to help you for volunteering work along with travel options to Tajmahal, Golden Temple, Manali and Kasol in India.

You can visit my website @ volunteeringinindia.com for available packages and offers. :)

#4 Posted: 23/5/2014 - 02:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
f/27/solo/Thailand from now 'till 15th oct - looking for advice (on volunteering)/company ... By jilltoussaint on 26 Jul 2012 9 2177 16 Aug 2012