Photo: How long can you commit for?

Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteer Opportunities in Phnom Penh

Posted by Jacster on 24/3/2008 at 17:12

I have just arrived in Phnom Penh and am hoping to find an opportunity to volunteer with a local organisation for around a month.

My skills/qualifications are in the areas of Leadership, Management and Team Development and Coaching. I could also Teach English as a second language.

I am exploring many avenues at the moment, and speaking to many people. Any information/contacts or suggestions people here on travelfish could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes
Jackie

#1 Jacster has been a member since 6/8/2006. Posts: 18

Posted by nickpgriffin on 4/4/2008 at 13:30

Hi Jackie

I can't help with Phnom Penh but if you come up to Siem Reap please contact me. I run The Cambodia Orphan Fund volunteer programme in Siem Reap.

Nic Griffin

#2 nickpgriffin has been a member since 4/4/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by Jacster on 4/4/2008 at 16:41

Dear Nic

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated.

Since I posted this message, I've arranged to volunteer with two NGOs in Phnom Penh, helping them with management development, so it looks like I'm going to be in PP for the next 2 months or so, working with them.

At the moment, I'm not planning to do volunteer work in Siem Reap, although I definitely plan to visit.

If my plans change, I will get in touch with you. Do you have a website or email address? Please send me a PM if you do.

Many thanks
Jackie

#3 Jacster has been a member since 6/8/2006. Posts: 18

Posted by nickpgriffin on 4/4/2008 at 18:12

Hi Jackie

Thanks for your reply.

Glad to hear you have managed to find somewhere. Let me know when you are coming to Siem Reap and I can help you out and maybe show you a few projects.

My e-mail address is nickpgriffin@gmail.com

Nick

#4 nickpgriffin has been a member since 4/4/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by sophannheng on 11/2/2014 at 04:14

Wat Chork primary school want volunteer coach help training football to pupils and exercise too .
E-mail ( h.sophaorn@yahoo.com )

#5 sophannheng has been a member since 5/2/2014. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.