Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteering in Laos

• Asheai

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2009

Has anybody done this? Experiences, comments, etc?

Preferably working with Children, but not necessarily.

I'm not willing to pay money to volunteer, but of course will pay for all my own expenses. I am looking to volunteer between 2-3 weeks.

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 1/4/2009 - 18:00

• Advertisement

• demoncleaner

Joined Travelfish
    11th March, 2009

Hi,

www.stayanotherday.org

Lists many charities and gives contact information with a short description.

Would write more but poor internet.
    Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 1/4/2009 - 20:49

• TonyL

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2006

There is a large orphanage in Luang Prabang which is partly sponsored by a group of ex-pats who run restaurants and guest houses. I feel sure that they could do with some volunteer help. May I suggest that you e mail Andrew at Lotus Villa Guest House - he is the GH owner. I dont have the e mail address immediately to hand but if you look at the travelfish accomodation listings for Luang Prabang Lotus Villas will be listed with a contact e mail address.

I have visited this orphanage with Andrew when I stayed at Lotus Villas. It has some 500 children and seems, given the financial constraints, to be doing a very good job. Im sure that your help would be appreciated.

#3 Posted: 2/4/2009 - 10:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.