Volunteering in Asia forum

Volunteer Opportunities?

• blackpepper-

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2009

Hi...I will be travelling in Laos (and Vietnam and N. Thailand)for some weeks... I am an experienced and certified teacher. I have a lot of experience teaching and teacher training EFL in Asia. I am currently a school owner/teacher in Japan and the educational advisor for a foundation in Bali.

When I travel, at the very least, I love to visit a school or two and see how the education system works. For me, it is facinating. Never one to be "voyeuristic" in the sense of just going for a look, I would love to do some volunteering. I can teach/train, spend a few hours, a day, a few days, a week....

If anyone has had a similar experience or has any contact information, it would be appreciated. I have searched the net and mostly the "pay to teach" variety is posted. Not knocking those programs, per se, but not really my interest. Thanks in advance if anyone has any thoughts or can help?

#1 Posted: 26/11/2009 - 07:16

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

I would suggest that you have a look at the Mulberry Farm in Vang Vieng. They are always looking for volunteer teachers for the small school that is associated with them.

#2 Posted: 27/11/2009 - 07:28

• blackpepper-

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2009

HI...thank you for the suggestion. I have checked out their site and will send an email to connect with them. It looks really great.

If anyone has taught there or been there, would love to hear your thoughts!

Any other suggestions are also still more than welcome!

#3 Posted: 27/11/2009 - 17:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Volunteer opportunities in the North? ... By blackpepper14 on 1 Dec 2009 2 2241 1 Dec 2009
any cheap 3-4 month volunteer opportunities? ... By megz on 6 Nov 2008 13 6463 6 Feb 2010
Volunteer Opportunities in Phnom Penh ... By Jacster on 24 Mar 2008 4 4282 11 Feb 2014
Volunteer Opportunities in South East Asia?? Help! ... By misscherie on 22 Jan 2010 5 11093 8 Mar 2011