Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Sihanoukville -Cambodia

Posted by 1_Sunshine_Annie on 28/11/2009 at 10:34

Hey just wondering if any other single back packers are in Suhanoukvill near the beaches & fancy hanging out, am there for a week.. also can some one kindly recommend any good bars down there which is NOT a pick up joint! Have a fab day Ann x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,584 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Seasister on 2/12/2009 at 23:30

Bokor Hill Station

Posted by Millydane on 2/3/2008 at 09:45

Does anyone know if it is Possible to go up Bokor hill? We keep hearing different things about the closing road up. Also any recent recomendations for Hotel in Kampot town? Something nice. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,263 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by pete61 on 1/12/2009 at 18:35

Tensions in Cambodia

Posted by ctam2009 on 30/9/2009 at 16:02

I HATE TO BE THE FIRST PERSON ASKING- but we've been told by a fellow traveler that there has been a civil war going on in Cambodia for the past 2 weeks. He also mentioned that there has been a rather large number of tourist casualties. (We know about the ongoing border disputes between Thailand and Cambodia- not worried about that as we will be flying in). I've searched the web pretty hard and checked the travel advisories with no information coming up. I would assume this guys was blowing smok ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,228 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Shaula on 30/11/2009 at 22:41

Excellent Accomodations in Siem Reap

Posted by PDX2BKK on 30/11/2009 at 20:38

Headed to Siem Reap? Looking for a fantastic place to stay for $5 to 12 a night? I highly recomend the Golden Takeo Guest house on Wat Bo Rd. This place has nice quiet clean rooms all with private bathrooms, plus Wi-Fi and free use of bicycles for all guests. The owner, Phrom, and all of his staff are very friendly and trust worthy people, and they can book tours of the temples or buses to anywhere in the region for local prices. This place was very good to me, if you are going to Angkor t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,457 times, with no replies.

NEED ADVICE...

Posted by FN on 11/11/2009 at 17:57

Hi, My friend and I will be travelling to Siem Reap during early Dec 09 for 10 days. We are planning to visit these following places. a. Angkor Wat, Phnom Bakheng, Prasat Bak Sei Chamkrong, Angkor Thom, Bayon, Baphuon, Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, Terraces of the Elephants, Terraces of the Leper King, Tep Pranam,Preah Palilay, The Kleangs, Thomannom, Chau Say Tevoda, Spean Thmor, Ta Keo, Ta Prohm, Banteay Kdei, Srah Srang, Prasat Kravan b. Preah Khan,Preah Neak Poan,Tan Som,East Mebo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,634 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by FN on 30/11/2009 at 19:01

Smooth ride back to Bangkok from Siem Reap?

Posted by PDX2BKK on 25/11/2009 at 11:43

Hello all, I was curious to know if anybody out there had a suggestion of the easiest and safest way to return to Bangkok from Siem Reap ? I am currently in Siem Reap (having a lovely time I might add) and my friends I travelled here with are headed another direction. We came here on a charter minibus, and I am curious about the best way to get home. I am travelling on a backpacker's budget, The locals I have asked have all told me that there aren't taxis to the border,I must take a bus to Po ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,765 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by hideaki2208 on 30/11/2009 at 12:59

Re entering Cambodia from Laos

Posted by looman on 28/11/2009 at 15:46

Hi I'm planning to cross into Laos then renter cambodia 10 days later Is this aproblem ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,549 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by looman on 30/11/2009 at 12:40

more places to visit in Cambodia-Kirirom and Kampong Speu

Posted by sayadian on 13/9/2009 at 16:01

When I visited Kirirom National Park I spent two days there and was amazed by the absence of any foreign tourists. I wonder if many on here have been or plan to visit this beautiful part of Cambodia? If they didn't go or are not planning on visiting, is/was it because of the diffculty in making transport arrangements? Again, all of you who visit the 'killing fields' in PP are you aware of a similar site in Kampong Speu with the added attraction of a beautiful riverside location.You can get th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,278 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by shaydan_01 on 30/11/2009 at 06:55

Flying from Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

Posted by Brisbod on 17/8/2008 at 18:36

Can someone please let me know what airlines fly Siem Reap to Luang Prabang? I have checked Lao Airline's website and they don't appear to fly every day. We were hoping to fly Sunday, 12 October. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,996 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by jmeharchand on 29/11/2009 at 22:01

A few questions on Cambodia...

Posted by starfish on 25/11/2009 at 22:30

hi! Just a few questions really: 1. Getting from Vientiane to Siem Reap - is it worth going down from southern loas or going through thailand into cambodia? Travelling there last year, i heard that the southern border into Cambodia was a tricky on and so was wondering if it would be easier to get the train to Ubon Ratchathani and then possibly get a bus? We are planning on leaving Vientiane on the 12th but need to be in Cambodia by the 15th, either route is there anywhere that would b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,569 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Lother on 28/11/2009 at 03:35

Sihanoukville to Vietnam Ferry?

Posted by jclarkson on 19/11/2009 at 06:35

I read in an LP that there may be a ferry starting soon from Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville . Does anyone know if there is such a ferry? Alternatively does anyone have any recommendations on getting to Sihanoukville from Vietnam? Thanks Josh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,949 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/11/2009 at 07:11

help please-angkor wat and killing fields

Posted by rachrua on 23/11/2009 at 06:09

Hey, im starting to feel really cheeky asking you guys to keep helping me with my itineraries, But i'm just tryin to plan my trip properly, and this site is so helpful because of your collective wisdom! We are spending a week give or take a day if needs be, in each country we visit during our 5 weeks in asia. I'm looking into cambodia at the moment and narrowed our 'must sees' down to Angkor wat and the killing fields near phnom penh. Does anyone know how long it takes to travel between the tw ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,794 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/11/2009 at 07:10

Cambodia Itinary With Baby

Posted by NancyNoo on 23/11/2009 at 15:22

My wife and I are planning a 3 week trip to Cambodia in February with our baby who will be 14 months old. We had settled on 3 nights in Phnom Penh,a week in Kep and 4 nights in Kampot with the rest of the time in Bangkok. We have visited Cambodia once before 6 years ago when we visited Banlung, Siem Reap, PP and Sihanoukville and loved it. When we showed our itinery to a friend who also has a one year old and has visited Kep/Kampot two years ago she was very critical, saying that the itin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,482 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/11/2009 at 07:03

Sihanoukville or Kampot/Kep

Posted by gillerz960 on 20/11/2009 at 22:07

I originally planned to go Sihanoukville but the more I read about it the less appealing it becomes. I am looking for a beach destination in Cambodia that has good bars etc but isn't too touristy or built up. Kep is probably the preferred destination at the moment, does this sound like a good idea or shoul I consider somewhere else? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,963 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Saphir on 21/11/2009 at 04:14

Anyone in Siem reap, looking for a photo favour!

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/11/2009 at 08:52

Hey Travelfishers, If you're in, or just about to arrive in Siem Reap and think you could spare Travelfish a couple of hours to take a few photos for us, please post in this thread and I'll get in touch by email. We need someone to take digital photos of about a dozen hotels and guesthouses and then email them to us. I figure it will take about an hour or two -- happy to trade a Travelfish Tshirt and any Travelfish Guides you'd like for services rendered :) Sooner the better! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,766 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/11/2009 at 08:53

Where to spend New Year's Eve in Cambodia?

Posted by magicpixiejo on 12/11/2009 at 18:00

Hi all...I will be in Cambodia for Christmas and New Year (Dec 31st...not the April one!) this year...any good tips on where there might be a good party? I was thinking beaches but heard Sihanoukville is not so great... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,918 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/11/2009 at 10:43

Bricks for Cambodia

Posted by jasperl on 12/11/2009 at 16:29

Hi all, On the streets of Battambang today, I spoke to a guy called Narath inviting me over to visit his project called Bricks for Cambodia. A school teaching English to local children (http://www.brick-for-cambodia.net/). Since I'm not able to visit them my self (I'm leaving for Pnom Penh), I'd like to ask if any of you have heard of the organisation and if you've visited the school. In case of positive feedback, I'm sure to make a donation. Thanks in advance, any feedback is greatly a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,406 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mattocmd on 13/11/2009 at 08:22

Trekking in the Cardamom Mountains

Posted by Ruddiger1 on 12/11/2009 at 00:05

Hi, I was planning on doing a 5-7 day trek in the cardamoms somewhere. My question was where would the best place be to base a trek from. I have heard Chi Phat, Pursat, Thma Bang are all options. I was planning on Chi Phat so far. I want to get into the most pristine areas with best animal/bird life. Dont have a lot of cash so nothing too exp. Any help grately appreciated. Will be coming from bangkok and get to the area about 14th jan 10. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,731 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/11/2009 at 10:03

cambodia to northern laos?

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 8/11/2009 at 01:37

does anybody have any recommendations from Cambodia (Phnom Penh) to Northern Laos(Vientiane) overland? on budget so will not be flying..has anyone done this route before? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,382 times, with no replies.

Video on the nori trains in Cambodia

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/11/2009 at 20:10

Un fortunately I can't embed the vid, but follow this link for a neat little video on the noris in Cambodia. If you're the time, be sure to swing by Battambang to try one out! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,755 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page