Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Sihanoukville or Kampot/Kep

Posted by gillerz960 on 20/11/2009 at 22:07

I originally planned to go Sihanoukville but the more I read about it the less appealing it becomes. I am looking for a beach destination in Cambodia that has good bars etc but isn't too touristy or built up. Kep is probably the preferred destination at the moment, does this sound like a good idea or shoul I consider somewhere else? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,891 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Saphir on 21/11/2009 at 04:14

Anyone in Siem reap, looking for a photo favour!

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/11/2009 at 08:52

Hey Travelfishers, If you're in, or just about to arrive in Siem Reap and think you could spare Travelfish a couple of hours to take a few photos for us, please post in this thread and I'll get in touch by email. We need someone to take digital photos of about a dozen hotels and guesthouses and then email them to us. I figure it will take about an hour or two -- happy to trade a Travelfish Tshirt and any Travelfish Guides you'd like for services rendered :) Sooner the better! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,715 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/11/2009 at 08:53

Where to spend New Year's Eve in Cambodia?

Posted by magicpixiejo on 12/11/2009 at 18:00

Hi all...I will be in Cambodia for Christmas and New Year (Dec 31st...not the April one!) this year...any good tips on where there might be a good party? I was thinking beaches but heard Sihanoukville is not so great... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,829 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/11/2009 at 10:43

Bricks for Cambodia

Posted by jasperl on 12/11/2009 at 16:29

Hi all, On the streets of Battambang today, I spoke to a guy called Narath inviting me over to visit his project called Bricks for Cambodia. A school teaching English to local children (http://www.brick-for-cambodia.net/). Since I'm not able to visit them my self (I'm leaving for Pnom Penh), I'd like to ask if any of you have heard of the organisation and if you've visited the school. In case of positive feedback, I'm sure to make a donation. Thanks in advance, any feedback is greatly a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,315 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mattocmd on 13/11/2009 at 08:22

Trekking in the Cardamom Mountains

Posted by Ruddiger1 on 12/11/2009 at 00:05

Hi, I was planning on doing a 5-7 day trek in the cardamoms somewhere. My question was where would the best place be to base a trek from. I have heard Chi Phat, Pursat, Thma Bang are all options. I was planning on Chi Phat so far. I want to get into the most pristine areas with best animal/bird life. Dont have a lot of cash so nothing too exp. Any help grately appreciated. Will be coming from bangkok and get to the area about 14th jan 10. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,668 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/11/2009 at 10:03

cambodia to northern laos?

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 8/11/2009 at 01:37

does anybody have any recommendations from Cambodia (Phnom Penh) to Northern Laos(Vientiane) overland? on budget so will not be flying..has anyone done this route before? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,335 times, with no replies.

Video on the nori trains in Cambodia

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/11/2009 at 20:10

Un fortunately I can't embed the vid, but follow this link for a neat little video on the noris in Cambodia. If you're the time, be sure to swing by Battambang to try one out! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,699 times, with no replies.

Resource and Guide

Posted by travelsalone on 26/10/2009 at 06:50

I had an amazing trip to Cambodia, and must credit my unique experiences in both Siem Reap and other places I travelled to my guide in Siem Reap - am I allowed to say his name here and contact info? I see other people post info. so his is: touch_sopanha@yahoo.com. Sophana was professional, extremely knowledgeable, versatile, always willing to help with things not directly associated with touring, and he has a beautiful and contagious smile! Sophana speaks and writes excellent English and I had ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,422 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by climbg on 4/11/2009 at 18:21

Kratie - Sihanoukville/Kep

Posted by olodum on 4/11/2009 at 13:39

Is there any possibilities to get from Kratie to Sihanoukville or Kep not via Phnom Penh to save some time? OLODUM ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,001 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 4/11/2009 at 17:05

Where to watch Chelsea vs. United in Phnom Penh?

Posted by cuffedbloke on 3/11/2009 at 18:07

I will be in PP on the 8th and would like to catch the game. Where's a good place to go with audio? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,145 times, with no replies.

Nice hotel in PP

Posted by jojow25 on 1/11/2009 at 16:35

I am looking for recommendations for a two night stay in a good hotel in PP - I am hoping to treat my gf for her birthday (whilst otherwise budget backpacking) so am looking to spend around 100 USD per night. Somewhere romantic, clean,with a swimming pool (and a bath?) and a bit special would be great for us. Let us know if you have stayed somewhere nice like this in PP and would recommend. Cheers!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,046 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tails101 on 1/11/2009 at 19:29

My Stay In Cambodia PP

Posted by worldman on 31/10/2009 at 12:37

I would like to say thanks to all of you who take the 5 min to add a review so that it makes our life more easy when we travel. we stayed at a small guesthouse named Aqua Boutique Guesthouse this was a nice relaxing safe clean Guesthouse, with nice staff and a good breakfast to help us start the day. we then whent to SR for 3 nights and stayed at kool hotel this was clean but a pit to for form the town, but we had a nice stay, when we returned to pp for our last night Aqua was full but they a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,259 times, with no replies.

Cambodia 5 day Itinery advice appreciated!

Posted by squae on 18/10/2009 at 06:03

Hello, I have 5 days in Cambodia and it would be great to get some advice from people in the know! I have currently alloted all the time to Ankhor Wat, BUT, I dont think I actually need that much time and hence would like some ideas of day trips etc to other temples and areas from and around siem reap. Currently the itinery is Arrive at Phnom Penh at 4.30pm than taxi to Siem Reap arriving at approx. 9.30pm Day 1 - Ankhor Wat Day 2 - Ankhor Wat Day 3 - Ankhor Wat Day 4 - Ank ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,820 times, with 25 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/10/2009 at 10:03

Kampot or Kep?

Posted by TheGoose on 14/4/2009 at 16:23

I have a couple of days to kill before I need to go to Vietnam, I'm currently in Sihanoukville. Anyone recommend which is the better to see? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,081 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by rubic on 27/10/2009 at 10:49

ATM denominations in Cambodia

Posted by Roey77 on 26/10/2009 at 16:36

Hi, We're off to Cambodia in a week and are having abit of trouble getting USD here as our bank just sold the last lot of cash this morning. We could go to the Travelex but their rate is .88 and the bank's rate is .90. I'm wondering what denominations the ATM's in Cambodia spit out. Are they all $50 or a mix of $20 also?? Does anyone know what the rate to change AUD to USD is over there?? Thanks Roey ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,570 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tails101 on 27/10/2009 at 00:56

Has anyone been to Banteay Chmmar

Posted by squae on 26/10/2009 at 02:03

Hey guys, Sorry to list another thread. Has anyone been to Banteay Chmmar, if so is it worth a LONG day trip, and a decent amount of money to see, OR, am I better off saving the money and going to the Siem Reap markets and checking out the town? Thanks in advance for any posts. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,087 times, with no replies.

Siem Reap "Happy Pizza" Information Update

Posted by themuths on 26/9/2009 at 11:06

Since all the "happy pizza" information on here is at least a year old, I thought people traveling to Cambodia might appreciate an update. I'm not affiliated with any of the businesses or websites mentioned, nor am I encouraging you to take part in any illegal activities, I'm just a traveler who personally wanted to satisfy my curiosity and eat "happy" and drink "happy" while in Cambodia. Perhaps you are, too? As the title indicates, this is solely about Siem Reap, I did not seek out any "h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 28,893 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ricksmylie on 25/10/2009 at 23:47

Credit card in guesthouse safe?

Posted by ronin999 on 2/10/2009 at 01:58

Hi, Dont want to sound like a beginner but this is my first trip w/ credit cards. What are your feelings about leaving them in guesthouse safes? cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,907 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ricksmylie on 25/10/2009 at 23:39

Teva sandals in Phnom Phenh

Posted by pete61 on 23/10/2009 at 19:55

I need some new Tevas and wondered if there is a shop in PP where I can buy some rather than buy them in Aus before I head off. Anyone know if there is a place there that sells them please? Pete ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,105 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/10/2009 at 08:24

Where to spend longer.. Cambodia or..

Posted by emma066 on 21/10/2009 at 21:49

..Laos? Which has more things to see / do? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,751 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by emma066 on 22/10/2009 at 14:04

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page