Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

6 days in siem reap

Posted by xhai on 4/6/2009 at 22:12

HI everyone i will be heading to SR for 6 days in early september, the plan now is to spend 3 nights in SR, travel to phnom penh, stay a night and back to SR for one night before headed home. i understand that the travel btw SR and PP takes a long time, at the moment trying to change my return flight to depart from PP instead. Any advices on what else i should see in SR besides Angkor and Tonle Sap? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,940 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by xhai on 11/6/2009 at 18:23

Into Phnom Penh : Out of Ha Noi

Posted by hihihello on 27/5/2009 at 22:22

Hi seasoned pros - My girlfriend and I have just booked our flights for the month of September, and I'd really appreciate some advice for a potential itinerary... Would Phnom Penh (just arriving) - Ho Chi Minh - Phu Quoc - Phnom Penh (a little sightseeing) - Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) - Hoi An (tailors)... Be a good start? How long in each? Where next? -I'm an archaeologist/anthropology student, and interested in all that cultural immersion etc. -She's similar, also keen on ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,274 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dageshi on 8/6/2009 at 13:42

Current Weather

Posted by silverbug11 on 8/6/2009 at 05:46

Hi - I am planning to head to Cambodia in the next few days but I've been looking at the weather report and it says thunderstorms every day. Since it is the raining season, I'm well aware that it will probably rain every day but I'm hoping that its not raining all day. Anyone currently there or have more information on the weather over the next two weeks???? Am I making a huge mistake by coming right now? My plans are alittle flexible but I was really hoping to hit up Cambodia next. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,663 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/6/2009 at 08:15

VISA ALERT: Cambodia traps Vietnamese nationals

Posted by KanGad on 6/6/2009 at 23:30

The Cambodian government has trapped hundreds perhaps thousands of Vietnamese nationals in Cambodia, refusing to let them leave. In the past Vietnamese residents in Cambodia have ordinarily only been required Cambodian visas to enter and exit the country. As of last week, those visas have all been canceled unannounced and en masse and Cambodian immigration is refusing to issue exit visas or provide any means whereby they may leave the country legally. Vietnamese residents trying to leave the cou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,948 times, with no replies.

Mekong express bus arrival

Posted by piglet44 on 6/6/2009 at 15:03

can anyone tell me where the Mekong express bus from Siem Reap arrives when it reaches Phnom Penh? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,669 times, with no replies.

Mosquito repellant advice

Posted by BruceMoon on 6/6/2009 at 06:23

Hi, fellow travellers I was confronted with a dilemma regarding mosquito repellant. Here, in Australia, DEET is no longer readily available. I did a bit of research, and posted on the 'Health' page. Today I discovered some alarming facts about DEET. You may also be interested: http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/travelhealth/3962_deet-or-picaridn- Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,418 times, with no replies.

Share taxi - Siem Reap to Poipet 3/6/09

Posted by Scholesy on 2/6/2009 at 12:52

Is anybody interested in taking a shared Taxi to the Thai border tomorrow, 3/6/09, we can split the cost, should be around $30 or $40 for the whole taxi. Please let me know timscholes at gmail com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,072 times, with no replies.

Poipet to Siem Reap (information on taxi transportation)

Posted by farsidetravel on 31/5/2009 at 18:21

I heard the road is now completed so travel from Poipet to Siem Reap is easier. The main concern I have is the taxi transportation. I heard that it is possible to avoid the taxi mafia (which charges $60) and try to find a non-mafia (non-association) taxi. I heard the rate is around $30. I read that after immigration and customs I can just walk down the street and find my own taxi. But the problem is that the taxi mafia will follow me and argue with anyone I talk with. This doesn't ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,042 times, with no replies.

malaria resistance

Posted by christay2009 on 29/5/2009 at 16:49

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8073118.stm http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8072742.stm Hey, i heard about the above on the radio yesterday. Is this anything to worry about? I had planned on being in Cambodia in november Thanks guys ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,108 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by brucemoon on 30/5/2009 at 07:05

From Vietnam to Phnom Penh

Posted by 73teng on 9/4/2007 at 13:49

hi All. I am a S'porean and will be going Vietnam Ho Chih Min city for a free and easy holiday with my husband and son. I understand that I can cross to Phnom Penh from Vietnam by ferry right? Can anybody tell me where to get the ferry ticket and what is the duration and charges for two way as I will be staying at Ho Chih Min City and my return flight is also at Ho Chih Min City. Do I need to apply for a Visa as I am holding a Singapore passport. Where can I stay and how do I tour around in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,421 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by mrparanoid on 28/5/2009 at 15:38

Koh Rong / Saleom

Posted by misterwoods on 18/5/2009 at 18:34

Is it posible to get out / stay here during June?? Also, is lazy beach at Koh Rong Saleom open un June? Thanks... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,476 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/5/2009 at 07:50

Fly from Pnomh Penh to CHiang Mai

Posted by misterwoods on 20/5/2009 at 23:08

Can anyone tell me are there any airlines operating a direct flight on this route? Thanks... J. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,153 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by misterwoods on 21/5/2009 at 23:37

How does this itinerary look to you???

Posted by misterwoods on 20/5/2009 at 23:49

We are a couple in our mid 20's, fairly fit and eager, and hoping to see and do as much as we can in 1 month. Our budget is approx 30 euros/40 dollars per day, plus a couple of hundred on top for extras (hoping to spend no more than about 1200 euros / 1650 dollars). Our accom will be 'flashpacker' - somewhere between budget and mid range! I have checked out all travel between places we want to go and have a good idea about it all. The only things we have booked ahead are accom in BKK on arri ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,187 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/5/2009 at 07:45

internet accessibility in Cambodia

Posted by smilenbean on 15/5/2009 at 22:48

How hard is it to find places to get on the internet in Cambodia. I will need to check in with my family from time to time ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,869 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by amazon_blonde on 18/5/2009 at 23:42

Tailors in Cambodia

Posted by yossarian on 10/5/2009 at 15:01

I am going to Cambodia for a couple of weeks in August and wonder if there is any point in having clothes (suit/shirts) made while there? I tried to search around a bit, but only found good tailors mentioned for Thailand and Vietnam, so hoping somebody can help me. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,314 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/5/2009 at 08:34

Cold In The East @ Night?

Posted by damos68 on 1/4/2009 at 19:03

I can't imagine it to be true in April but I have heard it can get cold @ night in Ratankiri and Mondulkiri. Should I pack a hoodie and long trousers (was originally just coming to Cambodia with a fw shorts and some tees....)? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,556 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by damos68 on 9/5/2009 at 10:12

Updated coverage of Sen Monorom

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/5/2009 at 09:14

We've just updated all our coverage for Sen Monorom in the heart of Cambodia's "Wild East" -- if you're thinking of heading out that way, you may want to give it a read. Cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,464 times, with no replies.

Best way to Stung Treng?

Posted by smkuchta on 5/5/2009 at 18:06

We are heading overland from PP to Southern Laos in a few days and I was wondering if anyone has taken the Sorya buses to Stung Treng? How are they? Any updates on how long it is taking? I know many of the roads are being upgraded in Cambodia (We did Battambang to Siem Reap in just under 3 hours by bus). Looking for some current info. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,783 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by smkuchta on 6/5/2009 at 12:02

How to travel SE Asia

Posted by KRStamm on 24/1/2009 at 00:19

I Am going to SE Asia for 2 months (nov and dec 2009) I have already Traveled southern Thailand. How do I go about traveling Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam with out too much back tracking. My 1st thought was to fly in to BKK then to Laos or Cambodia. Please let me know what you did and how in the world to go about it. Thanks Kirstin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,753 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 3/5/2009 at 05:38

Crime in Cambodia down 20% from 2007 in 2008!

Posted by think87 on 8/3/2009 at 03:57

PHNOM PENH, March 5 (Xinhua) -- Crime occurrence dropped by 20 percent in 2008 over 2007, down to 8 an average day from 10, English-Khmer language newspaper the Cambodia Daily reported Thursday, quoting official figures. There were altogether 2,881 crimes committed in Cambodia in 2008, compared with 3,732 in 2007, according to Interior Ministry spokesman Khieu Sopheak. Meanwhile, on average, less than one crime per day took place in the capital city in 2008, according to the nation ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,364 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 2/5/2009 at 19:01

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page