Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Penh - Siem Reap by boat

Posted by sidhupi on 9/1/2009 at 04:16

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Cambodia in the last week of January. I hope to spend a day in Phnom Penh and leave for Siem Reap by boat along the Tonle Sap river and Tonle Sap lake on the morning of 1 February 09. I heard that boats don't ply during the dry season, so i wanted to confirm whether the boats would be plying during my intended day of travel. Also, please advice if advance booking would be required and how i could go about it. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,535 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mudgeerambler on 10/1/2009 at 14:28

Vientiane to Siem Reap

Posted by Lyoungie on 6/1/2009 at 22:56

Hi, I was thinking of going from Vientiane to Siem Reap, but flights are pricey. Does anyone have any information on how long it would take on a bus or a train? Or any other suggestions? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,171 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by jungleland on 8/1/2009 at 13:22

Great Hotel in Siem Reap

Posted by aussie_jase on 3/1/2009 at 05:28

Hi all, First post of a few to come since getting back from SE Asia a couple of days ago. I found this new hotel and wanted to share it because its great value and a really nice place to stay. Soma, the manager, is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. (She helped me retrieve my passport from Phnom Penh where I had left it in a hotel safe, organised for it to be picked up by her sister, and brought to Siem Reap). The rooms are large, clean, and the hotel itself is only quite new so all ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,812 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by amazon_blonde on 8/1/2009 at 11:41

Charity work in Phnom Penh

Posted by figurine on 8/1/2009 at 04:57

Hi I'm going to SE Asia from early March and I plan on spending my first month or so in Phnom Penh, while I'm there I'd like to do some charity or volunteer work. Has anyone here ever done something like this, do you have any advice or links? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,488 times, with no replies.

Is it necessary to get a guide for Angkor?

Posted by orionarrow on 1/1/2009 at 14:15

Hi there, I understand that it's beneficial to get a guide for Angkor Wat. Any ideas on how and where to get an English speaking guide? Are there any websites or travel agents to go to? Please advise. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,924 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 6/1/2009 at 07:24

lost camera in kampot!

Posted by barnie77 on 4/1/2009 at 18:28

hey everyone, this is a long shot i know... on the afternoon of december 26th we lost a canon ixy digital camera in a red zipper pouch. we think it may have fallen out of our scooter basket onto the road or grass verge somewhere between the market and the riverfront road. if anyone has by chance found it, please get in touch! hayden.barnie@gmail.com thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,984 times, with no replies.

For the thirsty beer lovers in Phnom Penh

Posted by emzet on 2/1/2009 at 14:22

If you like to try a new selfmade beer dont miss this restaurant. They brew different beer and they are all very good. If you like stout try the black one, but I recommend to start with the golden than brown, red, and than the black one. You can eat there very good and you will need a few minutes to read the pictured menue. Its not cheap, but for the good stuff and good service you get there its worth it. Man Han Lou Restaurant is located at #456 on Monivong Boulevard. Its the south side o ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,300 times, with no replies.

cambodia-laos 19/02/09-25/02/09..anyone want to join?

Posted by ling_tan79 on 29/12/2008 at 15:20

hi..my fren and 1 will go to sieam reap on 19/02/09 for 3 days..then going to kratie for the irrawaddy dolphin viewing and also plan to cross border to laos for the 4,000 island and phapheng falls.. anyone going at same period and wanna to join us or dicuss bout it? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,616 times, with no replies.

Cambodia - 2 weeks only :(

Posted by joble81 on 18/12/2008 at 21:20

Hey all, first post on travelfish, i usually use tripadvisor and have been recommended...so you've got a lot of responsibility on your shoulders ;) Ok, so, my hubby and I are heading off to laos in a week - xmas night - and have nothing planned. This is fine...well apart from the fact that we have not got our flights from KL to vientianne yet...hmm! the only thing I am worried about is because 30 days is such a short time for laos and cambodia, I am worried that we should at least plot a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,793 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/12/2008 at 09:02

how to get the laos visa?

Posted by ling_tan79 on 19/12/2008 at 11:25

we planing to go siem reap for angkor wat then go kratie for the dolphin and then waanna to cross border to laos.we din't really go phnom pehn, is there any way we can get the laos visa other than get it at phnom pehn?can we get the visa before going to cambodia? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,911 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ling_tan79 on 21/12/2008 at 12:26

gym/fitnesscenter in Siem Reap

Posted by trude on 16/12/2008 at 17:21

Hi. I am going to stay for 6-7 weeks in Siem Reap, and would like som recommandations on a gym or a fitnesscenter I can join for that time. I would like a runningmachine and a swimmingpool. If there are places that have aerobicclasses that would be fine too. Someone have recommended Hotel Prince D'Angkor for me. Does anybody know prices? Standard? Are there other places? thanks :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,229 times, with no replies.

Siem Reap airways

Posted by houska on 15/12/2008 at 18:35

Just a heads up. Seems Siem Reap airways has stopped operating. We had tickets (via the Discovery Airpass) with them for Luang Prabang - Siem Reap (direct flight) and have been shifted automatically to a connecting flight with Bangkok Airways. Our agent let us know, heads up for others. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,898 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/12/2008 at 10:09

**Best area to stay for solo adventurer**

Posted by mike1700 on 6/12/2008 at 13:40

Im heading to Siem Reap in 10 days and gonna stay thru new years Day. Gonna do some volunteer work in an orphanage and explore. Have viewed many guest houses from $5 to $100.00!! Im good with $15 to $30 a night range, location is most important to me with lots of people around. What or where is the main strip .. That singing tree cafe looks like a cool place, is that in the center of town? 1 more...if my hotel has no pool, no big deal, are their any pools in the area, I heard it gets pretty ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,264 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/12/2008 at 17:40

Indonesian needs visa?

Posted by wildaribka on 2/12/2008 at 12:47

hello..i am an indonesian and i am thinking of travelling to cambodia on january by bus from China where i am staying now.. i am first going to vietnam, cambodia, laos and thailand.. i know that to go vietnam,we don't need visa.. but what about laos, cambodia and thailand?do i need visa? do any of you guys know? if you do know, please tell me.. i need a certain information about this.. noted: i am holding a common passport, not a diplomat passport.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,831 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/12/2008 at 17:30

PP or SR to Hoi An

Posted by annalaura on 2/12/2008 at 02:52

does anyone know the easiest way to get from eiher Phnom Penh or Siem Reap up to Hoi An??? we will be going around christmas time.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,473 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/12/2008 at 17:24

Tell me about Kep

Posted by fondo on 29/6/2008 at 16:55

I've got a pretty high tolerance for not much to do so Kep is sounding pretty good for a few days in Nov. I thought a pool with a couple of trips to Rabbit Island sounded cool. Any input about accom with a pool? The most elusive after net searching is N4 guesthouse, anyone stayed there? Kep Lodge sounds OK too, and the Beach House is reputedly the best, but then again maybe not! BTW, the back page of my LP Cambodia guide is perfectly clear that the guide contains 'opinionated reviews ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,001 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by fondo on 5/12/2008 at 08:56

Take Your Time

Posted by Ruthyp on 5/12/2008 at 02:48

I'd just like to say to anyone considering a whistle stop tour of cambodia or dropping in to Cambodia quickly from Thailand or Vietnam - don't do it. Take your time and really get to know the Cambodia and it's people. I recently came out to Cambodia for only two weeks, primarily to visit a friend who's a volunteer in Cambodia but also to see the amazing sights or Angkor. I should have taken at least three weeks - minimum. From arriving in PP we left for Sihanoukville for two nights, then on t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,601 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/12/2008 at 07:45

Boat to Siem Reap from Kampong Chhnang

Posted by sarahmlowry on 20/11/2008 at 21:42

Has anyone found a boat to Siem Reap from Kampong Chhnang? It seems logical that they exist but no-one in PP seemed to be able to confirm that. Any recent experiences to report? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,604 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Ruthyp on 5/12/2008 at 01:51

Cambodian Transport

Posted by PrawnFingers on 7/11/2008 at 22:27

Hey, Just need some up-to-date info on transport options in Cambodia. I am hoping to go and a couple of weeks. My problem is that I have a medical problem where I get very dehydrated and drink around 10L a day and so need the toilet about every 2-3 hours. From what I have heard and read there are no toilets on the buses and no regular stops. Are there minibuses now between the main destinations? How often do the buses stop in towns? Flying is not an option as budget is ultra tight. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,880 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Ruthyp on 5/12/2008 at 01:47

Two visas in one year for Cambodia is this possible?

Posted by spearmas on 1/12/2008 at 12:08

Hi there My friend and I are currently stranded in Bangkok. We are looking at alternative routes to Singapore and were hoping to fly from Siem Reape to Singapore. I wonder what the situation is with getting a second Cambodian visa. We are both Irish citizens but we have already visited Cambodia this year and held a 1 month visa from 17/09/08 - 17/10/08 Can you please advise me whether we are entitled to another visa. We will need to be in CAmbodia for a maximum of 2 nights. Thank yo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,662 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jungleland on 2/12/2008 at 15:06

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page