Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Old guys still smoke!

Posted by whitehawk625 on 14/10/2008 at 00:46

I'm making my first trip to Siem Reap in Dec and as I'm one of the many who haven't kicked the weed yet, what kind of prices are cigarettes and are most western brands available? Many thanks, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,833 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by whitehawk625 on 14/10/2008 at 23:03

Sihanoukville updated

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/10/2008 at 16:53

Just a quick note to let you know we've just about finished adding the Sihanoukville update into the website -- all that's left is the maps -- which will go online this weekend. The update is a complete rewrite of our old coverage and includes the addition of coverage of Otres Beach which was nothing but a strip of sand when we last updated. The area continues to develop at a destination in its own right and we'll be adding some more coverage of the offshore islands shortly now that the mo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,807 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/10/2008 at 06:58

Kratie to Siem Reap?

Posted by ee104 on 10/10/2008 at 18:44

Hi guys, is there a way of getting from Kratie to Siem Reap or would we have to go back to PP? Also are there any gems en route between Kratie and SR that we should stop off at? grateful for any help and suggestions Thanks!! :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,394 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/10/2008 at 13:53

Motorcycling from Thailand to Cambodia

Posted by krazyoldkeoni on 5/10/2008 at 22:39

Sawaddi Khrap Everybody, I live near Jomtien/Pattaya and I'm thinking of driving to Cambodia via Koh Kong on my small Honda Wave 125cc, Has anyone some info on border crossing with a motorbike (registered in my name in Thailand and therefore bearing Thai Plates)??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,614 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by krazyoldkeoni on 9/10/2008 at 12:26

Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia?

Posted by piglet44 on 13/8/2008 at 13:35

We have two weeks to travel in April. Which country would be the best bet? We like temples, scenery, people. Not looking for a tough trek more something "soft" but cultural. Have been to South India, China and Thailand in past trips and enjoyed all of them. Heard that the Vietnamese are not so friendly.Any comments? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,994 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by SteinOfOrange on 6/10/2008 at 20:50

Where is the best place to start from in Cambodia?

Posted by charliekbrooks on 22/9/2008 at 19:32

Especially if you want to meet people as I will be travelling on my own! I am looking for a chilled out beach trip! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,895 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SteinOfOrange on 6/10/2008 at 20:45

internet access & fee for business visa

Posted by sybille47 on 3/10/2008 at 05:10

Good Morning Could someone please confirm the cost of the business visa on arrival at Phnom Penh airport. Recently I have seen a fee of both US$25 and US$45. I just want to make sure that I have enough US$ cash with me when arriving. Also, how many passport photos do I need? The second question is in regard to internet access. The last few months in Indonesia I have used my laptop/mobile phone and used internet packages offered by the different mobile phone network providers. Is that possible i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,970 times, with no replies.

Teaching orphans in Siem Reap

Posted by Latch on 30/9/2008 at 22:33

We visited an unofficial school in the shed behind a guest house. It is not compulsary, just run every weeknight between 8-9pm by an unpaid "teacher" called Sky. While British kids will do anything to AVOID school, these lot were so eager to learn - it was incredible. They have nothing (barely even pens and paper) but were so interested in learning English, and loved us dropping by. The guesthouse website is http://www.baca-villa.com/ and the contact is a nice bloke called Sky. If you f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,785 times, with no replies.

Boat from PP to Chau Doc

Posted by krisim on 25/9/2008 at 14:56

Hi, I would like to go by boat from PP to Chau Doc. Anyone that knows what the boats are like? I've read that there are both slow and fast boats. I've been on the slow boat from Luang Prabang up north and also seen the horrible speedboats that go there. Are the boats between PP ang Chau Doc about the same as the ones going from Luang Prabang? Where do I buy tickets? Do I need to book in advance? From where in PP do the boats leave? Is it a beautiful trip? Would be happy about any informat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,572 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by krisim on 29/9/2008 at 20:50

One day in Phnom Penh and One day + in Siem Reap

Posted by Playground on 22/9/2008 at 19:46

Hi all, I need some suggestion for best way to max my holiday in Cambodia. Any places I should cover or visit? I will travel from HCMC to Phnom Penh (PP) on 30 Sept. By time I reach PP is already 4PM? I need something on that evening then the activities for 1 Oct. same for Siem reap, I will reach siem reap in late afternoon. I got another day in Siem reap day after that. Any suggestion is much welcome. 30 Sept 4PM Arrive PP 2 Oct Morning depart to SR 4 Oct Morning depart back to M ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,233 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by pnx1207 on 29/9/2008 at 20:05

Money in Cambodia

Posted by Flo76 on 6/9/2008 at 13:49

I heard most trading is done in US dollars in Cambodia. If this is so, what's best to take, US dollars or travelers cheques in US dollars? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,313 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by lovelygh on 27/9/2008 at 11:21

Accomodation Question...sorry

Posted by ElectrO on 16/9/2008 at 12:50

Hello to everyone, I hope you can help me. I am planning on visiting Siem Reap, Ankhor Wat and Phnom Penh but I want to make this trip as authentic as possible, that means to me that I want a guest house, run by a family or something similar and not a hotel chain or anything too hotel-like. When visiting places, I really like to taste their way of living up to a point, but would prefer some luxuries such as Hot Water and maybe internet access (although internet is not crucial). With al ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,775 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by lovelygh on 24/9/2008 at 18:31

Buses between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and vica versa

Posted by lennybruce on 10/7/2008 at 23:08

Anyone want to share their experience with the different companies? I will be prefering a more deluxe a/c coach especially for on-board w.c. facilities. Thnks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,963 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by jgcanfield on 24/9/2008 at 12:28

3 weeks in Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos or Malaysia

Posted by charliekbrooks on 22/9/2008 at 18:49

I am planning to spend 3 weeks in South East Asia in December/January and I need some advice of where to start and where the best places to go are. I have only been to Thailand before so am keen to visit the other countries. Any ideas would be really helpful as I will be travelling alone and a bit aprehensive! Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,244 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by charliekbrooks on 22/9/2008 at 21:17

Quick boat trip from Siem Reap to HCMC?

Posted by gnw1976 on 25/8/2008 at 13:37

I want to find something that is relatively quick, not a tour. I have tried a few web searches and all I get a 5+ day tours. Is there local ferry service or anything similar that serves the area? Would I be better to get a bus to Phnom Penn and then boat from there? Im flying a lot internally during my Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam trip and want something different. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,481 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 22/9/2008 at 20:23

Weather in S'ville in Oct

Posted by pingu20 on 18/9/2008 at 22:34

Sorry to ask another weather question, I am thinking of heading to S'ville early october, is this still the rainy season? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,363 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by pingu20 on 20/9/2008 at 23:32

Vientiane or Siem Reap

Posted by odessafile on 13/9/2008 at 11:09

We have a tight schedule during our travels. But, due to the limited airline availability, we will have one day of relaxation and shopping. Where would you recommend we spend it in Vientiane or in Siem Reap? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,411 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by SBE on 19/9/2008 at 12:38

GH on Serendipity Beach

Posted by pingu20 on 18/9/2008 at 22:27

Can anyone reccommend a good, cheap GH on Serendipity Beach where other backpackers stay? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,770 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by pingu20 on 18/9/2008 at 22:31

siem to hanoi

Posted by potinger on 7/9/2008 at 19:49

Whats the quick route from siem reap to hanoi.Can you fly this route.Is it better to travel to Bangkok or is it better to travel from saigon to Hanoi. Nick ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,375 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cathg on 16/9/2008 at 18:09

Phnom Penh/Kompong Cham to Kratie

Posted by nicklenac on 12/9/2008 at 21:41

Is it possible to head up river from Phnom Penh or Kompong Cham towards Kratie? Will be there in Jan/Feb, which is the dry season. Not sure if there are boats during this time? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,290 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cambtek on 15/9/2008 at 07:54

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page