Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

border crossing from Viet to Cambo

Posted by ladybird on 7/7/2008 at 05:46

Does anyone know the easiest or fastest border crossing from Na Trang or nearby, i want to get to Ratakiniri...dont know why...just do ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,600 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 7/7/2008 at 15:41

prek toal bird sanctuary

Posted by figenways on 2/7/2008 at 07:30

going out to the bird sanctuary on sunday the 6th july,getting picked up at 6am and returning about 3pm.if anyone wants to share in the costs let me know,the cost to get into the bird sanctuary and the cost to go via chong kneas is $40 per person.if there are more than 10 this cost gets reduced to about $20 per person.i have hired the boat,driver and guide already so if you want to come out we can share in the costs.included is free pick up and return to siem reap hotels,entry fees ,boat guide a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,519 times, with no replies.

New Museum in Siem Reap and more

Posted by efkphd on 29/1/2008 at 06:03

Just returned from Siem Reap. Check out the new museum, it's truly terrific. Entrance fee is $12, but worth it. Might be a useful stop before visiting Ankgor Wat. Siem Reap is a surprise, lots to do in town with a vigorous tourist scene near the market; streets and alleys closed off to traffic and filled with open air restaurants. We stayed at the mid-range City River hotel in a quiet location within 10 min. walk to the market. Small restaurants next door were excellent and inexpensive. Best tim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,020 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by steiny on 29/6/2008 at 05:18

sihanoukville to phu quoc island???

Posted by ireland90 on 23/6/2008 at 22:38

just looking some advice on the best way to make this trip without backtracking to phnom penh and heading to HCMC? is it worth going to both if time is limited? if not which one should we sacrifice? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,598 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/6/2008 at 06:12

Suggestions please??

Posted by claireannvarley on 20/6/2008 at 16:14

Hey! Was just wondering if anyone could help me with my route. I'm flying in to Bangkok with 8 of my friends on the 12th of july, only staying in bangkok for 3 days because we have to make our way down to the full moon party. Then we are going to siem reap, Phnom penh, Ho chi Minh, Hoi An, Hanoi[Where we will be meeting up with more of our friends so we have to be there the 5th of august!],Then on to Sapa, Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Chiang Mai and then back down to the party islands for our la ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,609 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/6/2008 at 07:43

Anyone go to Angkor Wat this weekend? June 14 08

Posted by piw44 on 9/6/2008 at 19:09

Hey I was wondering if anyone travel to Cambodia during June 14 -16, 08. I'd really love to see Angkor Wat but none of my friends are not free this weekend. Please let me know if anyone is going there at this time. then can meet up and talk. I'm flying with Bangkok Airways at 11 am. but have not decided where to stay yet. It might be good, cos' I'm a bit scared to travel alone. Well, hope to hear from you soon! Panadda ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,594 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by piw44 on 18/6/2008 at 09:05

Most interesting route from Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

Posted by steveontweed on 16/6/2008 at 14:00

Australian family of 4 looking for alternative and interesting routes from PP to coast near PQ island. Don't mind a bit of "roughing it" as long as it is reasonably safe, rewarding and not too taxing for us 50 year olds ...the teenage kids will cope!? Hoping to do the PP-PQ Island-HCM City loop in 6 days with 3 days on the island...are we pushing it? Great thing this Travelfish...was impossible to get such support and insight when we backpacked Asia in early 90's...thanx to all involved in this ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,171 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/6/2008 at 17:25

ATM's in Cambodia

Posted by dv8inpp on 19/7/2006 at 05:12

I've just updated my page of where ATM's are located in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. There are now 26 ATM's in PP and 7 in SR, which is strange when you consider that SR get 90% of the tourists. http://www.guesthouse-phnom-penh.com/Phnom-Penh/Phnom-Penh-Money.php ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 21,906 times, with 22 replies. Last reply by TonyL on 16/6/2008 at 08:06

had a good time in angkor wat........

Posted by appleegg on 28/3/2008 at 05:30

......Aloha, I made a trip to Angkor wat a few weeks back and got a driver from the taxi queue at the siem reap airport. His name was chan thol and he was very kind and knowledgeable. he new a lot of good things to do at night and knew about all the temples in the area. he had a nice newer camry with an icy cold aircon. To be honest, he almost was too good of a negotiator when we went shopping , I felt I was paying too little sometimes…but I guess if I was the sellers wouldn’t sell right? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,509 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dixonstreet on 7/6/2008 at 15:36

Anyone travelled in rainy season??

Posted by nikkip on 29/4/2008 at 00:53

Hi all, I really want to go to Cambodia, but unfotunatly the only time i have available to travel is July and August. I have read a number of mixed reports and each one has given me different advice about whether it is worth visiting the country then and how disruptive the rain can be. I would really really appreciate anyones advice whos had any experience of travelling in cambodia in the monsoon season. thanks everyone! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,006 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by dixonstreet on 7/6/2008 at 14:25

2 full days in Siem Reap - do we need more?

Posted by azgrl on 28/5/2008 at 06:49

We have a Cambodia/Laos trip planned for 14 days in July. We’re starting off with 2 full days in Siem Reap with a evening in the front and morning at the end of the 2 days. Any opinions on whether that’s enough time in Siem Reap before going to Laos? We can change some of the other following plans. REP to LPQ – 1 day, Catch a boat to HOE – 2 days, Head off to the Gibbon Exp. – 2 days, Travel to LNT – 1 day, Make our way to LPQ – 4 days, Spend a few days there before dep ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,988 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Mamabelle on 6/6/2008 at 21:58

One month in Cambodia/Vietnam - Where to start?! Help!

Posted by norris_has_arrived on 6/6/2008 at 19:56

Hi My boyfriend and I are planning to go over to Cambodia and Vietnam for a month in January 2009, flying from London Gatwick or Heathrow (TBC). We ideally would like to spend a week in Cambodia and then three weeks in vietnam, finishing up at in the south and Phu Quoc Island. We are hoping to 'flash-pack' so are happy to pay a little extra to get air-con and fly internally if need be! We did a similar thing last year but spent three weeks in thailand. We booked most of our internal flight ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,052 times, with no replies.

Honest local guide in PP and Siem Reap?

Posted by sputnik0 on 6/6/2008 at 10:39

Is there a way to set up a permanent thread for local guide suggestions? My two girl friends and I will be traveling to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap this June from Saigon. Should we go to PP or SR first? Is there anyone who lives or has lived in these cities who can recommend an honest local guide who speaks English to show us around, preferably with transportation too? We are planning to spend 4 days in both cities total. So maybe 3 days in Angkor and surrounding area and 1 day in PP? Is ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,906 times, with no replies.

ATM's dispense what currency, $ or riel?

Posted by jourdin on 29/5/2008 at 15:03

I have seen conflicting stories about what ATM's dispense, riel and/or US dollars. What's the true story? Do some machines dispense two different currencies? How does one know what currency a machine dispenses? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,918 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 6/6/2008 at 07:25

Travel in early September

Posted by smsclaydog on 7/3/2008 at 09:22

We are thinking of going to Cambodia - PP and Siem Riep - and Vietnam - Saigon - in early September. No way around it, it is just when we have the time to go. I know this is heart of monsoon season. Are we going to be able to do anything except huddle in our hotel rooms or is it really not that bad in early September? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,440 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sayadian on 1/6/2008 at 16:59

luggage storage at the airport?

Posted by bundanger on 22/5/2008 at 10:19

Does anybody know if there is a place inside PP or even SR airport to store large suitcases? I've heard that there might be, but i can't find any conformation, and i really do not want to drag two fifty pound suitcases with me all over Cambodia. I'm only going to be there for two weeks. If there is, does anyone know approximate costs or where in the airport it is. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,210 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 27/5/2008 at 17:06

siem reap to laos border

Posted by jugglingjim on 26/5/2008 at 04:30

hi how long does it take to get from siem reap to laos border. Will be in ambodie from 23 July ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,705 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 27/5/2008 at 17:05

Cambodia (Siem Reap to Phnom Penh) Itinerary

Posted by derricklim on 27/5/2008 at 01:14

Hi guys, THis is my 12 day trip. Let me know your thought at especially what places I should visit while in the towns, Thanks!! 01 June 2008 Siem Reap "Checkin to hotel. Tour town then head to Angkor Wat for tickets and sunset." 02 June 2008 Angkor Wat "3 Days Leave at sunrise and back before lunchtime. Tour Siem Reap till 3pm, and head back to Angkor" 05 June 2008 Siem Reap Touring 06 June 2008 Siem Reap to Battambang "Take early morning boat - 6 hrs. Motodops a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,142 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 27/5/2008 at 17:04

booking flights

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 18/5/2008 at 21:41

basically in cambodia at the moment and will be travelling on to vietnam overland then flying to bangkok(end of june) then on to india- ive always used the internet for booking flights but it seems theres great offers around in travel agents tho havnt been to vietnam yet-so does anyone have any suggestions of which way to go net or travel agent - either way does anyone have reliable agents(hanoi) or good web sites-also does anyone know if you need an onward ticket for india-cheers for any info ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,206 times, with no replies.

from Phnom Penh to Nha Trang

Posted by rivercully on 16/5/2008 at 00:30

I have done a bit of research but cant find any info on a direct(ish) route. If anyone has any info...Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,810 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by rivercully on 18/5/2008 at 00:36

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page