Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Angkor Wat 3-day pass

Posted by shumium on 6/3/2008 at 03:37

Hi, is it still true that if I purchase my pass after 4pm, I am permitted to enter the park that afternoon for free? Do you know if I can bring my own photo for the 3-day pass or do I have to line up for a photo? I heard rumors saying that there is a long line up at the ticket office - I want to find ways to speed up the process! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,094 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by erkero on 21/3/2008 at 02:55

Pics of Cambodia

Posted by Harry05 on 20/2/2008 at 17:36

Hi, Just uploaded some pics of my 3,5 week travelling in Cambodia. Click on (or copy) the following link to see them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wereldreiziger/sets/72157603879845206/ On the right hand side (top) you can start a slide show and with options you can view the titles. Hope you like them, Harry ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,284 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by fish on 14/3/2008 at 04:06

Battambang- what's it all about?

Posted by spy on 30/1/2008 at 06:15

Hi, I am hoping to spend a couple of days in Battambang as part of my trip to Cambodia and wonder if any travelfishers have any hot tips for places to go, things to see, places to stay or places to eat? I would like to see some of the countryside so any wee trips around Battambang? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,980 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by kristinholdo on 9/3/2008 at 15:43

Svey Rieng - Toss out your Lonely Planet guide

Posted by allen_moretsky on 8/3/2008 at 10:23

My first trip to Cambodia I had no guide and so hitch-hiking around the country I stayed with Cham people on the coast in their homes and never ever saw another tourist. This time I had a Travel Guide and ended up in Sihanoukville where I counted no less then 20 beach verndors per hour trying to sell me various items. It was not until I decided to go to Svey Rieng which Lonely Travel pans, that I got a fresh breath of Cambodia. Not that this place is heaven, but it is not so touristed as seems t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,731 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by kristinholdo on 9/3/2008 at 15:27

Getting a Cambodian visa with just 5 months passport validity

Posted by rosiec on 7/3/2008 at 06:30

Is it possible? I'm a Canadian currently living in Japan, and my passport expires in 12/08. My husband & I are traveling to Siem Reap for just a few days in July. Will I be denied entry for having less than 6 months validity, or is it just a matter of paying a little more $. I'd rather not have to apply for a new passport in Japan. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,188 times, with no replies.

should i change my itinery???

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 2/3/2008 at 19:45

hi all leaving for thailand tomorrow for my mainland SEA part of the trip from malaysia im intending to go thailand(march) laos(april) cambodia(may) vietnam(june) and it seems that im gonna hit the monsoon in cambodia/vietnam,now i realised it would be the case but its just kind of dawned on me that it could be two whole months of rain (not sure i relish the prospect)can anyone suggest a better route(less rain) or should i just suck it up and go with my original plans-does anyone have experie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,623 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by itchyfeet72 on 6/3/2008 at 21:42

Mekong Delta Tours from Phonm Penh to Ho Chi Minh???

Posted by charlotterussell on 17/2/2008 at 18:40

Hi travelfishers!!! Quick question: We had to change our plans and do Angkor Wat early cos Tet is crazy - does anyone know some companies that a 2 or 3 day mekong delta tour from Phonm Penh to Ho Chi Minh???? There are heaps of tours that go HCM to PP but we need a tour in the opposite direction and am having trouble finding any... Thanks Charlotte ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,833 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by llarkin on 25/2/2008 at 21:44

Good French Speaking guide for Angkor

Posted by familyonthemove on 13/2/2008 at 15:09

We will be seven adults to visiting Siem Reap and its temples for five days in March. With 5 of us between 75-85 years old and mainly French speaking, we need to organise our visit accordingly. I know it is not difficult to organise tour guides via hotels, but a good and knowledgable guide makes all the difference and I would like to know if there is a way of finding an authorised French-speaking guide (through Tour Guides Association, or other organisations). Also with seven people ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,391 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by familyonthemove on 20/2/2008 at 13:03

vietnam into cambodia

Posted by nackia on 18/2/2008 at 20:56

im finishing Vietnam in Saigon and then looking to do overland travel into Cambodia? Can anyone suggest the best way to do this and how long it takes?? tHANK YOU ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,815 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/2/2008 at 14:10

Siem Reap - suche deutsche Reisende, die bis zum 22.2. wieder in Deutschland sind

Posted by jobst on 16/2/2008 at 13:24

Ich bin ab Montagabend(18.2.) in Siem Reap. Ich wuerde gerne einen Brief (Wahlunterlagen fuer Buergerschaftswahl in Hamburg am 24.2. )jemandem mit in den Flieger nach Deutschland geben. ca. 100 gr. DIN A 4 Der Brief ist noch geoeffnet, damit keiner Angst hat ich wuerde irgendetwas schmuggeln wollen. Der Brief muesste bis spaetestens Freitag 22.2. in einen deutschen Briefkasten geworfen werden. Portofrei. Ich wuerde den Brief in Siem Reap natuerlich vorbeibringen. Bei Interesse freue ich mi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,322 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/2/2008 at 09:58

Island opposite Kratie

Posted by Harry05 on 12/2/2008 at 10:11

Does anyone know the name of the island in the Mekong, opposite Kratie? Went there, made some nice pics but don't remember the name (already tried google and search function but no good results). Thanx answering, Harry ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,212 times, with no replies.

Ang Tropeang Thmor

Posted by shumium on 5/2/2008 at 11:04

Has anyone been to Ang Tropeang Thmor? My guide recommended me to visit there. I found very little info online and the only thing I got is that it has a birdwatching reserve there. Is it worth spending a day there? How far is it from Siem Reap? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,265 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/2/2008 at 15:01

best accomodation in stung treng?

Posted by fishtails04 on 8/2/2008 at 18:05

i have fussy visitors coming... can anyone recommend the best accomodation in stung treng, doesn't matter if it's pricier, just needs to be good quality! thanks fishtails ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,285 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/2/2008 at 14:59

Siem Reap to B'bang

Posted by Ashe88 on 9/2/2008 at 14:34

Hi guys, I'm here in Siem Reap at the moment and one taxi driver has offered a taxi ride to Battambang for US$180, it's too much and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they paid or whether a Cambodian share taxi is a decent option as they are cheaper. Thanks Ashe88 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,003 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Ashe88 on 9/2/2008 at 14:46

taxis between siem reap and PP

Posted by worthyquest on 22/1/2008 at 13:10

my friend and i have under a week in cambodia, so we are trying to balance maximizing our time with not blowing our budget. we considering taking a flight either to or from siem reap from PP, but wonder if we should take a taxi instead. can the taxi really make it in four hours compared to six for a bus? what are the current prices? (anyone want to share a taxi going from PP to siem reap the morning of feb 9 or the other way the afternoon of feb 12?) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,001 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by shally on 4/2/2008 at 15:20

3 days in phnom penh. done siem reap (2002) - enough temples!

Posted by sashimi_mimi on 22/1/2008 at 12:28

I have three days in PP (7-11 Feb) and appreciate advice on my acommodation and sightseeing options - I have no clue where I should stay. most guesthouses seem to be available on the dates that i'm travelling, except for the Pavilion. (i'm now considering, scandinavian hotel, boddhi tree aram and bougainviller hotel.) I need a swimming pool in a colonial style villa (not a hotel)thats near the action, but not too near that its' noisy. - is getting around PP easy or should I hire a guide ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,299 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by sashimi_mimi on 4/2/2008 at 08:19

Phonm Penh Highlights

Posted by simonb9 on 23/1/2008 at 19:14

I've booked to stay in Siem Reap for 5 days in total so should see most thing when there. After that i'm going down to Phonm Penh, should be there for about 2 1/2 days in total to see the main sites (maybe more). Got another 3/4 days to kill after that before flying out of Phonm Penh. What should I do with these days ?? Head for the coast or go elsewhere ?? Also does anybody know of any boat trips that go up/down the Mekong Delta from Phonm Penh ?? Regards, Simon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,542 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by simonb9 on 25/1/2008 at 03:50

3 Months of Travel

Posted by leegrowler on 21/1/2008 at 18:11

Hi Ive just joined this forum and just wondered if some of you kind people could advise me of which way round to go about starting my trip. I leave Mid to the end of March and will be purchasing an open ticket to either China (i know its not on here ) or Singapore . Would people recommend travel from China down to Laos,veitnam and finishing off in Malaysia or the other way round ? Hope im making sense..... I know there are factors as in weather and others.. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,648 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by leegrowler on 22/1/2008 at 16:05

Transport rates: taxi, shared taxi and tuk-tuk

Posted by Harry05 on 24/11/2007 at 23:34

Are there more or less typical rates for transport by taxi, shared taxi and tuk-tuk? Per kilometer of units of time? Thanx answering. Harry ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,230 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by kunkesey on 22/1/2008 at 13:46

The Royal Angkor Resort

Posted by Ashe88 on 28/12/2007 at 17:47

Hey guys, I'm heading over late Jan 08 and will be staying in SR in early Feb'ish but I cannot find anything on the place I have booked, the Royal Angkor. Anyone stayed at or heard of it and can tell me what to expect? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,824 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Ashe88 on 22/1/2008 at 06:17

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page