Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Days in Phnom Penh

Posted by shumium on 7/1/2008 at 02:04

Hi, can anyone tell me whether I can visit most of the highlights in Phnom Penh in one day? Or should I spread it out in 2 days? How should I arrange my itinerary? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,223 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by jigger on 12/1/2008 at 16:10

attention: Kachinafrance

Posted by jigger on 11/1/2008 at 17:27

hi! where will you be coming from? im planning to go to PP this feb 2-3. its my first time to go to cambodia and im here in HCM. Hope you can help me how to get there and place to stay... price is actually my concern thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,672 times, with no replies.

3-4 weeks in Cambodia

Posted by da_misfit on 9/1/2008 at 06:17

Hi We are spending 3/4 weeks in Cambodia starting Feb 08. I have read the suggested itinerary on here but was wondering if there was anywhere else anyone suggests to go to that isn't included in that itinerary. Or must see places. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,744 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/1/2008 at 14:22

Cycling around Cambodia

Posted by hkk79 on 17/11/2007 at 17:45

I am going to Cambodia in January 08,I search around the net and found cycle at Cambodia is attract to me. This web www.asiatrip.org give some guide there but I feel that it is not detail enough. Beside there is a free map, is it sufficient enough to guide me? Can anyone here give more suggestion or idea? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,155 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dancingroads on 6/1/2008 at 13:37

Visiting the Angkor temples

Posted by jackie66 on 3/1/2008 at 01:19

We plan to spend 3 days at the Angkor site and wondered whether it was better to use one the guides provided by the hotel, or to do it independently using our own resources. Thanks Jackie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,994 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jackie66 on 4/1/2008 at 00:10

hotel Phnom Penh

Posted by susan2008 on 3/1/2008 at 10:29

Stayed at the Renaxe hotel on the river right in front of the royal palace and it was stunning in a old world colonial way. The location made it easy to stroll down the promenade at night to soak up the atmosphere. Reccomended. We also ate at the Pacharan tapas bar part of the FCC chain on the waterfront and found it tasteful and the food well done though a little pricey. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,360 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mick110971 on 3/1/2008 at 12:14

Cambodia off the beaten track

Posted by rocketgirl on 26/10/2007 at 23:25

I'm going to be travelling around Cambodia and only have about a week and will be stopping at Phnom Penh and Siem Riep. I'm looking for somewhere to get a bit off the beaten track, ideally a homestay. Does anyone know of any? I've found one on this site in Kampong Cham that sounds wicked, but think this might be too out of the way as I'll be entering the country from Chau Doc as part of a 2 day tour from Saigon going straight to Phnom Penh. So to go to Kampong Cham I'd have to then backtrack ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,545 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by sarahharding92 on 2/1/2008 at 12:13

Tour groups in Cambodia

Posted by abrama on 26/12/2007 at 12:06

Can anyone please advise on tour groups in Cambodia. We are considering the following tour groups. Does anyone have any experience with them or with anyone else. We are a group of 4 adults and 3 kids so it will be easier for us to use a tour group for Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. THREELAND TRAVEL asiatravel-cambodia Asia Adventures Co. Ltd Thanks Everyone ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,048 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Ashe88 on 31/12/2007 at 10:01

eVisas for cambodoa and vietnam

Posted by timNZ on 18/10/2007 at 22:07

Hi, I am going to be traveling through Cambodia and Vietnam in Dec this year and was just wondering if anybody has had any problems with the eVisa services these countries offer. In theory they sound great, but I am a little apprehensive about sending all of my personal information (passport details, photo, credit card No. etc) electronically to these countries. Do I have any cause for concern?! Any info at all would be much appreciated. Cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,344 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by steveatkins on 30/12/2007 at 16:22

Boat from Siem Reap to Battambang

Posted by Ashe88 on 30/12/2007 at 09:44

Hey guys, I was hoping to hear from someone that has done this trip sort-of recently. I'm wondering whether it's advisable to get a share taxi to Battambang and then hire a small wooden boat to check out the scenery or bite the bullet and take the boat (sort of killing 2 birds with 1 stone). I'm just not sure because one second I hear it's fine and totally worth it and the next I hear the boats are death-traps and not worth it. I need the fial word on this one... : ) Anxious to hear from anyon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,110 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by steveatkins on 30/12/2007 at 15:52

Anyone with some time on there hands in phnom phen

Posted by brigal on 17/11/2007 at 02:48

Hello I was visiting cambodia last year and found some great stuff to bring back as gifts and such. One item was a wallet for my fiance for christmas, unfortunately she has used it so much it is falling apart i know the shop is just down from the FCC in phnom penh (cant remember what direction) but the brand of the wallet is Derbyill and if someone could get me the webpage or email address of this shop i would love to order another for a christmas present (it would mean a lot to me) Thank yo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,216 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by brigal on 29/12/2007 at 08:50

Siem Reap hotel?

Posted by Tamworth54 on 18/12/2007 at 09:15

I'm looking for a hotel..mide-range to nice..near the nightlife in Siem Reap...should be quiet, etc...and allow "guests" in the hotel...doesn't have to be close to the bars, but close enough to walk ok or a short tuk tuk ride or so...thanks.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,599 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Ashe88 on 28/12/2007 at 17:41

Ok folks, I need your advice

Posted by DTQ on 14/12/2007 at 20:20

Heading from Vietnam to Malaysia. I have one free day. I am going to spend it in Cambodia. I am going to fly in somewhere, spend a day and night, and fly out. Should I spend that day in Siem Reap or Phnom Penh? Another traveler I met on my trip through SE Asia said that Angkor Wats was the highlight of his trip, but I almost feel like if I can only go one place in Cambodia, it should be Phnom Penh. So forgetting cost and airline schedules and all of that (hopefully I can figure that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,809 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by rocketgirl on 27/12/2007 at 09:11

New Years Eve in Siem Reap

Posted by bucksfizz on 20/12/2007 at 23:33

Does anyone know if there are any special New Years Eve events in Siem Reap/Angkor Wat this year? We arrive there on 29 Dec and would like to reserve somewhere if possible to celebrate the New Year. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,644 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by pencilmein on 24/12/2007 at 07:16

ATM's - any at all in Cambodia?

Posted by dazm26 on 28/11/2007 at 20:58

Hi folkes, IM sure this has been posted before so please forgive me, however......... Is it worth taking a debit card to Cambodia, is there any ATM's at all? Im guessing its best to take just mainly cash and travellers cheques? Thankyou Daz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,979 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by goo_stewart on 23/12/2007 at 18:54

Hotel Castle

Posted by steveatkins on 23/12/2007 at 16:29

New hotel just opened on teh riverside in Phnom Penh, unfortunately their website is currently still under construction. It is in a great location being only one building back from the popular riverside and near the interesting and fascinating local market of Phsar Kandal. The hotel is 6 storeys with elevators and great views of the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers from the roof top bar and restaurant, plus it also has a refreshing pool on the ground floor, the only hotel in this price range near the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,227 times, with no replies.

PP - Sihanoukville and Sihanoukville - Siem Reap

Posted by dazm26 on 22/11/2007 at 17:12

Hi guys, Can you shed some light on how i travel the followinf routes with how much they roughly cost and how long they take?? PP - Sihanoukville and Sihanoukville - Siem Reap Any comment would be greatly recived. Thankyou guys Daz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,834 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by steveatkins on 23/12/2007 at 16:18

From Battambang to Sihanoukville

Posted by dardar on 23/5/2007 at 23:02

Is there a direct way to get from Battambang to Sihanoukville, or must i go through Phnom Penh? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,217 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by steveatkins on 23/12/2007 at 16:12

From Kep Cambodia to Rach Gia Vietnam

Posted by ron67 on 19/12/2007 at 11:53

I am trying to find out if we can get a taxi easily from Kep, Cambodia to Tach Gia, Vietnam. How much would it cost and how long would it take? Can we also cross the border to Ha Tien and get a taxi?Again how much and how long would it take? About the Hydrofoil- can we buy a ticket from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc Island just before leaving, or do we have to book in advance, and where do we book this? Any information would be much appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,339 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/12/2007 at 12:12

Flight from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh

Posted by Tamworth54 on 16/12/2007 at 05:47

Which airline is the best to fly from Siem Reap to PP? Thanks...Is there only one or is there more?? How do I research it? Thanks.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,195 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/12/2007 at 08:56

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page