Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Penh to Hanoi...best way to get there?

Posted by chaelyn on 17/5/2007 at 03:30

Helllo all. im looking for hints, tips, prices on how to get from Phnom Penh or Siem Riep to Hanoi.. Preferably flying there as it will be a world faster. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 23,422 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by chaelyn on 18/5/2007 at 00:26

Leigh from Vietnam to Cambodia to Laos

Posted by LeighA on 13/5/2007 at 20:45

Hi, am travelling to Cambodia and Laos in late August/Sept, solo after 2 weeks in Vwith family. What's the best way to get to Cambodia (either SR or PP) from HCMC? How long does it take to PP? To SR? I only have about a week, so should I bother with PP at all or go straight to SR? Is the Paske and Island region in sth laos worth a visit - am especially interested in the dolphins. What are the roads like to travel on - will have about three weeks for Laos and want to do as much as poss, includ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,497 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 14/5/2007 at 12:20

Phnom Penh and Siem Riep trip

Posted by chimik72 on 27/4/2007 at 21:49

We flight to Phnom Penh from Bangkok with Air Asia (hotly recomend) .In airport meet us our driver Pen Chettra very reliable and good driver and guide. His e-mail: chettrataxi@yahoo.com He took us for PP city tour,and drove further to SR on the road we stoped to lunch in Green World Restaurant 72 near Skon it was very good sea food dishes -very recomend. In Siem Riep we stayed in Piece Of Angkor Guest house, quiet and clean place, but best rooms are on second floor. Our driver took us next da ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,431 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Roving_Roo on 13/5/2007 at 23:41

Royal Crown Hotel In Siem Reap

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 13/5/2007 at 20:42

Hello, Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Ive read some good reviews but any travelfish members recommended it or not? Thanks, Ant. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,040 times, with no replies.

Angor Association for the Disabled is a GEM!

Posted by garychrist on 10/3/2007 at 23:30

As a supporter and volunteer of Angkor Association for the Disabled since 2004 I am posting these comments regarding travelation's post of 17/2/07 I was absolutely shocked at reading travelation report on Angkor Association for the Disabled. I am asking everyone to disregard her slanderous and very misleading post. I was there when she was "volunteering" and I have a completely different view of the TRUTH. According to the terms af this messageboard, I believe her post should be immediatl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,758 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by BobinCambodia on 8/5/2007 at 18:02

Siem Reap to Hanoi--time crunch

Posted by patrickb on 13/4/2007 at 16:21

I'll have to go from Siem Reap to Hanoi so I can catch a flight out of Hanoi. I just checked Vietnam Airlines; their flight is $200. Though I'm reluctant to pay that much, I'll probably end up going with it because I have no other option at this point. Does anyone know if you can get from S. Reap to Hanoi by bus or train in a day or two? (I realize they're very far, just checking). THANKS!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,844 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ernieh on 4/5/2007 at 21:23

Flying Sihanoukville to Siem Reap

Posted by lost on 2/5/2007 at 08:55

Has anyone flown the new link on PMTair from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap and know roughly how much airfares are and where tickets can be bought as you can not book on there internet site yet. thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,392 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by nazkapadia on 4/5/2007 at 19:49

Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville-Siem Reap in 2 weeks: need advices

Posted by vuh on 2/5/2007 at 15:51

Hello all, First of all, I would like to thank all of travellers who took time to report their experience and recommendations on this website. I found a lot of information on it and would strongly recommand it. I have 2 ways in Cambodia and I plan to spend : Pnom Penh: 2-3 days Sihanoukville: 4 days including the visit of Bokor National Park and Koh S'Dach beach. Siem Reap: 4 days with visit of all the temples and if I have time left, visit Battambang. Does it seems reasonnable or to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,418 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/5/2007 at 13:13

"City River Hotel" is missing...in travelfish.

Posted by electronicfly on 1/5/2007 at 12:33

http://www.cityriverhotel.com/ #0511, Steung Siem Reap Street, Wat Bo, Siem Reap Tel: (+855) 63 763 000, Fax: (+855) 63 963 963 E-mail: info@CityRiverHotel.com, booking@CityRiverHotel.com On my first and hopefully not last trip to Cambodia, I stayed at the City River Hotel. The place is very clean, rooms very spacious and the staff helpful, especially with language. Breakfast there is good; they served different foods buffet style everyday when I was there and all of it was really good, e ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,324 times, with no replies.

Phnom Pehn to HCMC

Posted by longleat on 20/4/2007 at 05:25

What are the options to get from Phnom Phen to HCMC? Besides flying, is there a bus that you can take all the way without changing at the border? How long does it take? How much does it cost? Would a taxi be able to take you all the way or do you have to find another taxi and negotiate the rate from the border to HCMC? Any idea of cost of taxi? Many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,943 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by longleat on 21/4/2007 at 09:00

anyone in Cambodia?

Posted by loveheart on 16/4/2007 at 13:19

I am traveling to BKK -> Siem Reap -> Sihanoukville with 3 of my friends. We'll be spending most of our time on the beach (i.e. Sihanoukville ) I've been reading some stuff online, but can't figure out which beach to stay. We want to be on the beach but not if it's like Pattaya. Any recommendation? Also if anyone's going to be in Sihanoukville beginning of May, let me know! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,374 times, with no replies.

Anyone in Phnom Penh that want's to visit a wildlife preserve on Sunday?

Posted by geoffraffe on 8/3/2007 at 19:32

Hi, I'm in Phnom Penh at the minute and want to go to a wildlife preserve with my partner on Sunday. The trouble is the minimum for a group is 3 so we need at least 1 more. The trip is run by 2 girls and they take you through this animal preserve in a jeep. This place houses animals safely and most of the animals have been saved from illegal black market trading. i.e. this isný some cheep trek where you ride and elephant knowing that when it's closing time the elephant's beaten by the owner ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,903 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by vickypollard on 16/4/2007 at 11:40

boat trip PhnomP to Siem R

Posted by jennijago on 18/2/2007 at 10:29

New member is looking at taking a boat trip from Phnom P to siem R in late May early June or there abouts. have heard it is good and takes about 4-6 hours Any comments. Is it better to go by car taxi or fly??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,591 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by 73teng on 11/4/2007 at 14:37

Popular Guesthouse - BAD SERVICE, tuk tuk OVERCHARGEX2

Posted by Pohchaco on 8/4/2007 at 18:25

Hi all I wish to share my unpleasant experience with Popular guesthouse in Siem Reap for the benefit of all potential visitors to Siem Reap. 1. BAD SERVICE FROM GUESTHOUSE STAFF One night, the staff were partying late with loud music. I went down to request them to stop cos the guests cant sleep in peace and my friend and I need to wake up early the next day. Their staff replied that they are celebrating a Chinese festival and insulted me as a Chinese I do not even know my own festivals ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,181 times, with no replies.

Fly from Sihanoukville to Seim Reap saves time.

Posted by peterlaqua on 8/4/2007 at 15:44

We flew from Sihaboukville to Seim Reap on PMT Air. The flight took 50 minutes and was US$79 each. Flights go three times a week and this saves a nine hour bus trip via Phnom Phen. We found a gorgous hotel(Bopha Angkor) set in tropical gardens in Seam Reip. Starting at $48 a night, worth even one night for those on a tight budget. For those that have some money to burn check out the bungalow for $140. Its paradise! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,918 times, with no replies.

Maps of Cambodia

Posted by chuangt2u on 8/4/2007 at 12:21

Good Morning from Phnom Penh. I'm the author of a CD containing detailed maps of the whole of Cambodia and 19 main photogalleries containing a wide variety of images of Cambodia. Linked to the maps are the GPS locations of 43 ancient temples that are scattered all over the country and are not part of the Angkor Wat complex. Each temple has its own photogallery. The CD costs $2 and was made to help travellers find their way around this amazing country. All funds raised with this CD pur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,444 times, with no replies.

Bus from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)

Posted by dtm39 on 5/4/2007 at 10:10

Hi. I understand that there are a number of bus companies that do this route. Some involve getting off a bus at the border and getting on another once you've crossed. Others go straight through. Does anyone know the name, address of a company that goes straight through? I heard there was a company with a good quality Mercedes bus. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,040 times, with no replies.

Koh Kong-Sihanoukville

Posted by viacc65 on 19/3/2007 at 03:42

Hello to all member, could I have please some useful contacts in Koh Kong (companies or agency) regarding a private trasportation by taxi, minibus,..to Sihanoukville? Thank you in advance for the help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,285 times, with no replies.

Reciving Mail in Phnom Phen

Posted by kamamo on 18/3/2007 at 12:34

Hello, I am currently in Pakse in Laos and am making my way down into cambodia and will end in Phnom Penh. I am running out of my malaria medication and I am going to have my mom send me some medication from home, but don't know where to send it. I was thinking that I would just pick a guest house and have her send it to them and make a reservation to stay there. my problem is that i am not sure how reliable the post is and was just wondering if anyone else has ever had post sent to phnom pen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,792 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/3/2007 at 12:40

Visa to Cambodia-overland from Laos

Posted by pfkutasi on 8/3/2007 at 19:46

Hello everyone, Just a question. How easy is it to get a visa if you are travelling overland from southern Laos into northeastern Cambodia? As it is not an official border crossing, I hear that you cannot get one on arrival. Are there places near the 4000 Islands that can issue one? I am looking at spending 30 days in Cambodia by the end of this month and I am not looking to eat into a visa that I may have to get in Vientiane (then have to extend it). I appreciate any answers y ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,657 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by charlottechapman on 14/3/2007 at 19:17

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page