Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Taxi from Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh City

Posted by longleat on 5/3/2007 at 05:09

Can anyone provide information on taking a taxi from PP to HCMC? I would like to know if the taxi from PP can take us all the way to HCMC without changing taxis at the border. Also, about how much would this cost and how long would the trip take? If we have to change taxis at the border, which spot on the border would that be? How would we get a taxi at the border if we have to find one? We planned on flying, but with 3 people travelling, that will be very costly. However, I don't want to s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,606 times, with no replies.

Flights from Hong Kong to Cambodia

Posted by bruceygreenbeans on 27/2/2007 at 08:08

Hi, I plan to meet up with some friends in Cambodia in March and I want the cheapest way to get there, I have some friends in HK and seeing as a single with Oasis budget airline from London is only £180ish I was hoping to fly there and then try and get to Cambodia from HK. I'm happy to fly through whatever country I just want to save money. Anyone know of any cheap airlines that fly from HK to Cambodia or even Bangkok and then I can get to Cambodia from there. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,357 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by bruceygreenbeans on 1/3/2007 at 19:20

Ripp-off airline: Royal Khmer

Posted by alex864 on 19/2/2007 at 14:52

Travelers, be aware of the dishonest and shameful methods of Royal Khmer Airlines, a Cambodian airline company. I bought two round trip tickets Seoul-Siem Reap from RKA to visit the wonderful site of Angkor in February last year with my wife. While my return flight to Seoul was cancelled without notice by Royal Khmer Airlines because of aircraft technical issue, they left me without any assistance in Siem Reap. Having already paid for the tickets to RKA, I had to spend another USD 1,000 for ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,911 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exkhmer on 22/2/2007 at 01:16

Priet taxi Pnhom Penh -Siem Reep

Posted by chimik72 on 11/2/2007 at 15:09

Hello to all members, Please advice whther I could get privet taxi on arrival Phnom Penh airport stright to Siem Reep or I have do it in any place in Phnom Penh sity. Thanks to all. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,958 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 18/2/2007 at 11:31

Where can I get a Vietnamese Visa in SiamReap?

Posted by y3000 on 15/2/2007 at 11:55

Does anyone knows where can I get a Vietnamese Visa in SiamReap? How long time and how much money ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,976 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by longleat on 18/2/2007 at 07:48

rough draft of cambodia-thailand itinerary - feedback please!!

Posted by akhut on 15/2/2007 at 05:32

Cambodia/Thailand Itinerary Friday 3/23 - Arrive Phnom Penh 10:20am Saturday 3/24 - Phnom Penh - Wedding Sunday 3/25 - Phnom Penh - Wedding Monday 3/26 - Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, Killing Fields of Choeung Ek Tuesday 3/27 - Travel day to Siemreap Wednesday 3/28 - Siemreap - Angkor Wat - Psar Chaa Market Thursday 3/29 - Siemreap - Angkor Thom - Angkor Hospital Tour Friday 3/30 - Siemreap - Floating village of Chong Kneas Saturday 3/31 - Siemreap ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,814 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by akhut on 18/2/2007 at 02:43

Scam or Gem?The Truth about Angkor Association for the Disabled – A (Live-in) Volunteer’s Experience

Posted by travelation on 17/2/2007 at 17:50

I went to Cambodia in January 2007 with the aim of volunteering with Angkor Association for the Disabled (AAD). I had been looking for volunteer opportunities in Cambodia and had read about AAD which was based in Siem Reap. Conscious and wary of the plethora of organisations/NGOs that mask themselves under the name of charity but are only out to scam donations from unsuspecting donors/volunteers, I wanted to be sure that AAD was worth my commitment. Hence, I started doing my ‘homework’ an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,475 times, with no replies.

Flights Laos-Cambodia, Cambodia-Bangkok

Posted by Jomcevoy on 14/2/2007 at 13:45

Hi, just wanted to know if I can book flights from Vientianne to Phnom Penh, and Phnom Penh to Bangkok when I'm in country, or if I should arrange that whilst I'm still at home. Cheers, Jo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,528 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/2/2007 at 21:27

Malaria Tablets

Posted by elisak on 7/12/2006 at 19:22

Hi Just wanted to know if only going to Cambodia to visit Angkor Wat do I need to take Malaria Tablets? And do you need to take them in Vietnam? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 17,890 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by amb257 on 14/2/2007 at 06:02

Getting a Vietnamese Visa in Phnom Penh

Posted by longleat on 9/2/2007 at 00:46

Has anyone had the recent experience of getting a visa for Vietnam while in Cambodia, either Phnom Penh or Siem Reap? How did you go about it and how long did it take? Do you recall the price? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,131 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 13/2/2007 at 02:55

Flight from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City

Posted by lucyhudson on 12/2/2007 at 19:41

Anyone know which airlines fly from Siem Reap to HCMC? Vietnam Airlines perhaps? (Though their site is under construction) Can I book a flight when in Siem Reap at an agency or is it better to book in advance? Can someone tell me a website where you can book flights online? Off to Vietnam on Friday...yippeeeee!! Thanks for your help... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,417 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Introverse on 12/2/2007 at 21:46

Ban Lung to Phnom Penh

Posted by amb257 on 9/2/2007 at 03:06

Hi all! We're going to Cambodia in March, and planning on spending a few days in Rattanakiri. We've decided to fly from Phnom Penh to Ban Lung to save some time, but we'll return to Phnom Penh over land. What is a realistic time frame to plan for the return trip? Can you do it in one day, or should we plan on staying the night in Kratie? Also, I'm intrigued by the irriwadi dolphins in Kratie. I'd love to hear from someone who's seen them. What are the chances of actually getting to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,346 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Introverse on 12/2/2007 at 20:26

Sihanoukville

Posted by Dam on 12/2/2007 at 12:53

Discover Cambodia Ancient temples, empty beaches, mighty rivers, remote forests ...and (outside Angkor) only a handful of tourists. But the word is out - Cambodia has emerged from decades of war and isolation and is well and truly back on the southeast Asian travel map. Although many get no further than the ancient temple complex of Angkor Wat, Cambodia has much to offer. From the lazy beaches of Sihanoukville and Kep to the atmospheric Bokor Hill Station, there's a lot more to this charming ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,557 times, with no replies.

Posted by chimik72 on 11/2/2007 at 15:09

Hello to all members, Please advice whther I could get privet taxi on arrival Phnom Penh airport stright to Siem Reep or I have do it in any place in Phnom Penh sity. Thanks to all. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,540 times, with no replies.

Posted by chimik72 on 11/2/2007 at 15:08

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,389 times, with no replies.

border crossing from isan

Posted by davidwise on 5/2/2007 at 18:40

hi, has anybody crossed recently from thailand to cambodia, starting in khorat or surin, and going straight down, i forget the name of the borden, i think is kap chong? but the next cambodian town is anlong veng. will be doing it in next few weeks so would appreciate current advice on crossing and transport onward to siem riep. thanks a lot! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,861 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by jaeng on 9/2/2007 at 23:05

sihanoukville beaches compared to thai beaches?

Posted by kacperek on 4/2/2007 at 13:34

Hi, i will be touchign down in s/e asia in a week. have spent a few weeks on a previous trip on the thai islands of koh tao, phangan, koh phi phi... am visiting cambodia for the first time and would liek to knwo how the cambodian beaches and islands comapare to their thai counterpartS? likewise is there accomm on the cambodian islands or are they more a daytrip? thanks :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,414 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/2/2007 at 12:31

quick qs about cam

Posted by Lisstarr on 28/12/2006 at 21:11

what kind of electrical adapter/converter do i need for cam?! someone told me i should always wear shirts with sleeves while in Cam. Is this true? I imagine this would be the case at Angor or villages, but can I wear tank tops in Phnom Penh? I know it is advised that females should not travel through PP alone at night. However, I will be there by myself and want to have some kind of social life. How late is late? Am I able to travel after dark (just not so late)? If so, when is my Cinderel ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,668 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by TheSnowQueen on 3/2/2007 at 23:17

Cambodia - Boat from Siem Reap to Battambang during February

Posted by losligato on 1/2/2007 at 14:32

I am planning to take the boat from Siem Reap to Battambang in mid-February. I heard that this may be aproblem because it's the dry season. Has anyone taken this boat during this same time of year? If, so were there any problems with the lake being dry? Any advice would be appreciated. Mandyh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,145 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by TheSnowQueen on 3/2/2007 at 22:59

back to normal after a month

Posted by heidi27 on 1/2/2007 at 19:35

Been travelling through Cambodia,Laos and Vietnam for the past month.Lots of travelling info if anyone needs it only to happy to help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,233 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by amz155 on 3/2/2007 at 02:26

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page