Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Confused where to go for Honeymoon in 1st week of July

Posted by sharadtewari on 23/4/2010 at 16:21

Hi everyone, I am new to travelfish & foudn this place helpful. Needed some advice. I am getting married on 19th Jun, 10. Am looking for a beautiful,calm beach destination in South East Asia for around 7-10 days & have a budget of INR 70,000 including travel from Mumbai.Hope to get some useful tips & advices on the same. Sharad ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,079 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 26/4/2010 at 23:27

5 Weeks in SE Asia with a 4 yr old - advice/thoughts on itinerary please!

Posted by ZPeppiatt on 12/4/2010 at 17:47

Hi, This is going to be long, so apologies in advance! My partner and I are going to be spending 5 weeks in SE Asia with our 4 year old son in late May/June. I spent 7 months in the region about 7 years ago, but neither my partner nor our son has ever travelled in the area. I know that most itineraries go out of the window as soon as you arrive (mine certainly did!) but I want to make sure we have a realistic idea of what we can fit in. 23rd May – Arrive BKK at around 7pm. 4 nigh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,703 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by ZPeppiatt on 24/4/2010 at 19:58

Laos, Koh Chang, Koh Phangan & Koh Tao

Posted by AcesElky on 8/4/2010 at 15:07

Hi all We are travelling to BKK on 15th December and returning to the UK on 9th January. In this time, we would like to visit Laos for a few days (tubing) and then check out Koh Chang, Koh Tao and Koh Phangan. We have been to Phangan before and would like to go here for a party or two but would also like to check out Koh Chang and Koh Tao as we've not been to these islands yet. Is it realistic to head to Laos for a few days and then on to these places? If so, what would be your best route ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,078 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 23/4/2010 at 16:05

10 weeks Bali/Lombok/Borneo/Cambodia/Laos/Koh Tao

Posted by pippeline on 17/4/2010 at 21:10

Hello all! First of all, I want to thank travelfish for all this great advise!! It is really the most helpful site I found for this region. I'm a 25 year old girl, going for a 2 month trip to SEA from july 25th till 1st of october. I would like to see lot of nature, beach and culture. I know I want to put quite a lot into this schedule, but I really want to do that all. But it would be really great if someone could take a look over my itinerary and tell me if this is possible and which s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,732 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 20/4/2010 at 22:34

Travelling South East Asia with a 4mth old Baby?

Posted by Violett23 on 17/1/2010 at 16:43

Hey Guys, Just wanted to gather anyone's thoughts on traveling with a baby. We are planning to do most of the major tourist places in central and southern vietnam, cambodia and laos over a period of about 6 weeks. We will be heading off in November and will hopefully have a healthy 4 mth old to tote along with us (my husband and I). We plan to have a daily budget of $100 AUD. Obviously, with the baby we would prefer to take a more flashpacker approach. We would like to travel some legs ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,952 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 19/4/2010 at 01:25

Feedback on Itinerary - Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand!

Posted by wanderlust2010 on 14/4/2010 at 22:35

Hi all, I'd really appreciate your feedback on the relatively detailed itinerary I've laid out below. I'm trying to find a way to fit Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand into 5 weeks. I'm also meeting my boyfriend in Siem Reap to do the second half of the trip, so the timing is a bit of an issue! I'd also love your feedback on a few key questions that will DEFINITELY help me plan my time: 1)What is the best way to get from: -HCMC to Hoi An (and back) -Siem Reap from Singapore -Siem Re ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,780 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by wanderlust2010 on 16/4/2010 at 01:21

Final Itinerary - please help!

Posted by joanne1981 on 25/3/2010 at 23:54

Hi, I have posted my itinerary a couple of times and I have finally made a decision! I have cut out a lot from my original plan and I know that some may think I am still trying to cover too much but I really appreciate your opinion on this: Dec 03 - Depart Lon-Bkk Dec 04 - overnight at airport hotel Dec 05- Fly to HCMC - 3 NIGHTS Dec 08 - bus to Pnom Penh - 2 NIGHTS Dec 10 - bus to siem Reap - 3 nights Dec 13 - Fly to Luang Prabang where we will make our way to Vietiane via Vieng Vang ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,360 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 15/4/2010 at 12:51

Where to go in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Laos....

Posted by mvdffy on 6/2/2010 at 06:51

hello. myself and my friend are going for 2 months during the summer and although we do want to go to the 4 countries we don't want to be rushing around so all recommendations are much appreciated. we're both 21 and on a budget if that helps. please and thanks.:) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,822 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by caseyprich on 14/4/2010 at 08:32

Itinerary help! 100 days!! THANKS in advance!

Posted by Lizz66 on 12/4/2010 at 15:14

First off I would like to just say I am so glad for finding this forum and THANK YOU for everyone who is kind enough to take the time and give me some advice. So I have May 23-Aug 31st to go to south east Asia. I know this is not the best time to go however it is the only time I have. I am aware I am trying to jam ALOT into only 3 months however I do not know when I will have the time to come back and see so many places and in addition, I am quite use to travelling and do things quite quick a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,118 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by emma066 on 13/4/2010 at 22:44

Advise for time frame for itinerary

Posted by nurseratched on 3/4/2010 at 05:41

Hi Guys, Just looking for a little advise for our itinerary. we are flying into bangkok june 18th and out of singapore Sept 05th. we will be spending 2 weeks in southern thailand and from there we have a rough itinerary worked out but we have no idea how long to spend where. we dont intend to spend more than a night or two in KL or Singapore. any tips would be much appreciated. Northern THAILAND Chang Mai- Chang Rai Chang Ri- Huay Xai LOAS Huay Xai- Luang Prabang Luang Pra ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,597 times, with no replies.

I know youve heard it all before....

Posted by josandy1 on 11/3/2010 at 03:55

Hello All! What a fantastic site, so much information... V.impressed! Im just wondering if anyone can help me at all, me and my best friend are leaving on a 4 month trip on the 10th of April, we are both 19, its our first time back-packing and a tad worried! We are flying into Bangkok and 2 months later out of Singapore where we go to our next destination. We are really keen to do a few things, but any help/advice/ suggested itinarys would be much appreciated! I really want to exp ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,316 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by dedwood on 31/3/2010 at 12:01

HELP! We need contact information of trains/bus companies.

Posted by ninanatalia on 30/3/2010 at 10:58

We'll be travelling from Hong Kong to Halong Bay, Vientiane, Bangkok, Siem Reap and Ho Chi Minh between April and March. We plan to go around these countries by land and we're just wondering if you have contact information or any other information (location, time table, fare price) about these trains/bus companies. We plan to accomplish and book before we arrive there on April. 1. Guangzhou to Nanning via 2571/2574 train 2. direct Nanning-Halong Bay bus at the Yunde Company 3. Hai Phong ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,079 times, with no replies.

please help with weather- 10 weeks between oct-jan

Posted by noakess on 29/3/2010 at 01:50

Hi, thank you all for your help, I am goign to go with boyf for about 10 weeks to Vietnam+Cambodia and finish with Thai gulf islands. can go anytime between late october and jan - what will be best for weather ? thinking to start at Hanoi work our way down then off to cambodia and end with bangkok and an island. love the sun, worry about rain in central vietnam and low temp up in sapa. any advice? quite flexible with departure date... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,569 times, with no replies.

When to visit S Vietnam, Cambodia & S Thailand?

Posted by bails87 on 12/3/2010 at 07:20

Hi guys, I've looked through the weather info as well as reading a load of other threads, but can't quite find the answers I need. So....I'm a first time traveller looking at going to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia later on in the year for around 6 weeks. I was looking at going around the early part of August, so I'd be there until the middle/end of September. I'm not too fussed about sunbathing, I want to do things and see things, and possibly do some SCUBA diving on Koh Tao. As a rough ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,409 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by bails87 on 24/3/2010 at 08:04

First time Great Indochina loop: opinion on itinerary, thanks!

Posted by t0uchable on 5/3/2010 at 22:46

Hi, Me and 4 friends are going to travel the region from last week of august till third week of september (4 weeks). It is the first time we go out of Europe so I tried to include all the highlights and get a small bit of the beaten track, but not too much :p. After extensive research on this site, lonely planet and footprint guide I managed to make some kind of itinerary. It would be great to have some opinions about it, and its do-ability :p. 1. Fly Bangkok 2. 1 night and day in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,777 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by tayloroz on 23/3/2010 at 12:45

Weather - a massive error?

Posted by emma066 on 22/3/2010 at 04:10

We're heading to Thailand (North) in mid May, then Laos - end of May through to beginning of June Cambodia - beginning of June Vietname (South to North) - mid June through to beginning of July -fly out of Hanoi on 12th July. My question is... have we chosen the most absurd time to hit this region in terms of rain? We have the old ponchos handy but I don't fancy being swept down the Mekong. Obviously not going to cancel anything but would rather be PREPARED! Appreciate there ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,235 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by emma066 on 22/3/2010 at 18:47

adventures accomodation

Posted by Indoluso on 20/3/2010 at 06:09

Hello, We'd like to know if it is easy to find accomodation in villages in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos or if it could be risky to adventure through non-touristic rural areas, having the possibility of finding ourselves without a roof to sleep under... Thanks in advance for your replies! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,498 times, with no replies.

World Cup

Posted by appro on 16/3/2010 at 04:08

I'm looking forward to my trip to Asia so much I completely forgot about the World Cup dates! Around the date of the first England match I was planning on crossing into Laos from Thailand. With the time difference (the games will be on at 3:30 local time I think) I imagine everything in Laos will be shut? Nightmare! Any suggestions? I assume the games will be on in Thailand, but not Laos? It shouldn't be that important in the big scheme of things - but it is the World Cup. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,913 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by wilde1 on 16/3/2010 at 20:36

6 months in SE Asia

Posted by onewayticket on 14/3/2010 at 21:43

Hi All, I'm an English guy, living in Wales and have been planning my escape in my head for over a year. I came back from a great snowboarding trip with a bunch of people I hardly knew at the end of january with 11 new friends. By the first week in Feb I'd decided it was time to go find more people I'd didn't know at all, in a slight more exotic location! So, sabatical sorted with work, one way ticket booked to Bangkok (4th May), and six months to see what SE Asia is all about. I've been r ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,831 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 15/3/2010 at 09:29

First Backpacking Adventure in ASIA

Posted by BabyRubes on 11/3/2010 at 02:31

My friend and I are planning a 2 month trip, backpacking Asia beginning with the Philippines. Trying to figure out where to start planning is beginning to be far more difficult that I thought. How much I should leave Toronto with? Do I need to figure out where I'm going and get my visas done ahead of time? And I would like to know about ANY hidden places you guys know about too. We are trying to stay away from huge cities with a few exceptions. I think Malaysia, Myramar, bangkok, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,326 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 14/3/2010 at 19:47

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page