Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang Nam Tha + moto

Posted by brucemoon on 23/2/2009 at 07:40

Hi Am interested to know if there is a moto hire outlet at Luang Nam Tha. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,738 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 25/2/2009 at 14:58

Kayaking in southern Laos

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/2/2009 at 06:23

Here's a great video of a few kayakers getting out and about in Southern Laos. I'm trying to find out more details about where exactly they were kayaking, but the video is great! Better still, here it is embedded. Kayaking Laos 2008 from Kayak TV on Vimeo. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,826 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somsai on 25/2/2009 at 11:15

Pakbeng to luang prabang , The slow boat:?

Posted by chicho83 on 9/2/2009 at 04:33

Just wondering for all those people who have done the slowboat, what time does it normally leave pakbeng and what time does it normally arrive in luang prabang. Just fine tuning my itineray thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,967 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by miniwalk on 22/2/2009 at 19:05

Luang Prabang to Thailand

Posted by viacc65 on 13/2/2009 at 03:56

I would like in the near future to travel from Luang Prabang to Nan via Hongsa (overnight) crossing the border Muang Ngoen. Someone perhaps in the last days did this itinerary and could I have please some suggestions about this trip? Thanks in advance for the help! viacc65 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,983 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by mactbkk on 20/2/2009 at 19:58

Pak Beng Lodge

Posted by jBird on 16/2/2009 at 22:09

Does anyone have an email address for the PakBeng Lodge? Trying to book a room there in June. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,669 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jBird on 18/2/2009 at 04:14

Hotels in Luang Prabang and Motorbike Hire

Posted by ron67 on 30/12/2008 at 06:20

What is a good hotel in LP near the market, shops and restaurants up to $50 per night for April 2009? Is it possible to rent motorbikes in Luang Prabang? All answers most appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,312 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by BigRoss on 17/2/2009 at 18:29

Villa Laodeum in Luang Prabang

Posted by Archmichael on 17/2/2009 at 10:47

Hi: I've found a listing for the GH Villa Laodeum in LP but can't find anyone who's actually stayed there. Anybody out there with personal (recent) experience? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,840 times, with no replies.

Lao Airlines - Cheaper to book in Laos?

Posted by jBird on 24/1/2009 at 03:32

Sorry if this has been posted before. I want to fly from Luang Prabang to Hanoi sometime in the first 2 weeks of June '09. The tickets on laoairlines.com are $180 US. Is it cheaper to buy them when I'm in Laos? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,969 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by callao on 16/2/2009 at 23:19

Bird Flu Outbreak in Khua District, Phongsaly Province

Posted by austral31 on 16/2/2009 at 11:00

A birdflu outbreak has been confirmed in Muang Khua. The current advice is to avoid chickens and to only eat them if they are fully cooked. There is meant to be no immediate risk to humans at this stage but could be a reason to reassess your need to travel to Khua Cheers!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,800 times, with no replies.

Luang Prabang

Posted by basejump on 15/2/2009 at 13:24

hi we will be in LP for four nights/four full days in April during the new festivies. Can I have some suggested itineraries for the best use of our time please. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,499 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 16/2/2009 at 03:10

Vang Vieng - 6 Nations Rugby?

Posted by Travel2008 on 13/2/2009 at 11:52

Hello, I will be arriving in Vang Vieng on Saturday and am pretty desperate to watch the Wales-England rugby game!! I appreciate that it is going to be on at about 2am and wondered if the same 'back in your house by 12' laws apply there as in Luang Prabang? If by some miracle this the case, does anyone know which bar would be the best bet to have it on? Yours in desperation :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,881 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by jafatravel on 13/2/2009 at 16:08

Stuck In Luang Prabang

Posted by jharrie on 11/2/2009 at 16:39

To all those who have traveled through Luang Prabang I need some advice. We're stuck here until the 18th of February because of a whole slough of unfortunate events and we have no idea what to do with our time. Like almost every other person we are waterfalled out and wats are starting to get boring. Bars also hold no interest. So if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let us know. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,919 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/2/2009 at 14:49

Tatsaphone Guesthouse in Luang Prabang

Posted by bertvb on 11/2/2009 at 22:10

Hey, I was wondering if anyone currently in Luang Prabang could get me a telephone number of the Tatsaphone guesthouse in Ban Hoxieng (the little alley behind the post office). I left something valuable there, but I can't find a number to reach them anywhere... Thanks, Bert ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,350 times, with no replies.

Malaria/Dengue Fever?

Posted by ChrisM48 on 11/1/2009 at 10:45

Travelling through Laos in July this year over 2 weeks. Vientiane, to Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang up Mekong to Huay Xai and then into Thailand. Is there a threat of malaria/dengue fever at this time of year? Will be taking DEET based repellant. Is there a need for malaria tablets? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,627 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Rufus on 11/2/2009 at 15:10

inexperienced backpacker: is my trip workable?

Posted by christay2009 on 9/2/2009 at 00:05

Hey! I only just joined this site after afew weeks of lurking! really impressed, especially with the forum! I'm not sure if im posting in the right place as it involves more than just Laos! I've never really backpacked before but i'm hoping to later this year The plan i've managed to piece together is below: - work my way down the east coast of china in 25-30 days - Get my Vietnamese visa in Nanning then make my way into Vietnam to Hanoi - Work my way down Vietnam to Ho Chi Minh - C ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,383 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by seagypsy on 11/2/2009 at 10:24

Vang Vieng vs Muang Ngoi

Posted by Romily on 20/10/2008 at 20:32

I have 11 days in Lao in December, flying into Luang Prabang. First I was planning to go down to Vientienne via Vang Vieng, and then continue on to Bangkok. But after having heard so much bad about Vang Vieng I was looking at others options, and am now considering a combination of Luang Prabang / Muang Ngoi, as it sounds so much nicer than Vang Vieng. What is your take on this? And is there anything else in the north that I could fit into my tight schedule that you consider to be worthwhile? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,582 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by austral31 on 9/2/2009 at 17:02

suggestions for travel from Luang Namtha to Luang Prabang

Posted by paradise on 7/2/2009 at 07:55

Hi, We will be in Luang Namtha for a few days and then making our way at beginning of March to Luang Prabang and have about 8 days before we then fly to Hanoi. Would really like to get your suggestions on how to route this and how much time it will take. We would love to include Phongsali but think that might be too much for the time we have.We're also wondering about going via Muang Khua and Nong Khiaw and not sure if its possible to do a combo of some bus and some boat. We'll be doing t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,941 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/2/2009 at 07:37

Nearest good beach to Vientiane?

Posted by wessatong on 27/1/2009 at 18:01

Hi, I'll be backpacking thru Laos and ending up in Vientiane sometime in late April. I want to end off my trip at a nice beach before I head back to Singapore. Anyone has any suggestions? So far my plan is to get from Vientiane to Udon Thani, get a cheapie flight to Bangkok, get on a bus for 5 hours and then a boat for 2 hours to Ko Chang. But if anyone has any ideas of a nearer place, or someplace easier to get to, lemme know! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,475 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by seagypsy on 5/2/2009 at 12:29

Book exchange in Luang Prabang

Posted by amazon_blonde on 4/2/2009 at 13:24

If you're looking to exchange your book(s) while in Luang Prabang, check out the exchange operated by Tamnak Lao (The Three Elephants Cafe) in the alley by their restaurant. The exchange is one-for-one, plus a 20,000 kip ($2) donation to an orphanage. Taking them at their word, this seems like (a) a good deal, and (b) a good cause. The selection is fairly limited, but worth checking out before trying other (more expensive) book exchanges/shops. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,795 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by amazon_blonde on 4/2/2009 at 21:28

Buying a bicycle in Pakse

Posted by fxhnd on 31/1/2009 at 14:29

Greetings everyone, and thank you for viewing my post. I will be going to Pakse from Cambodia in a couple of weeks' time, and was wondering how difficult it would be to buy an average quality mountain bike (pardon me because I don't know a lot about bicycles) in the town of Pakse. Some of the things I would like to know are, what would the cost be in USD and where can I look for the bicycles in Pakse? Thank you very much and I hope to hear from some of you soon! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,677 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by fxhnd on 1/2/2009 at 22:10

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page