Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

TIGER TEMPLE UPDATE PLEASE

Posted by razztravel on 22/7/2013 at 11:02

July 2013 A major highlight in my family's upcoming visit to Thailand in November 2013 was to be a visit to the Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi. I am bitterly disappointed at all of the negative posts that detail dreadful living conditions for these and other animals and mistreatment of the tigers, written by visitors and significantly by traveling volunteers who have worked at the property and "see it all" while there. One thing though, most of the posts are years old and I would like t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,353 times, with 24 replies. Last reply by razztravel on 5/8/2013 at 00:43

Best buddy and I in thailand for a month

Posted by Jralph on 30/7/2013 at 21:33

I would like to start off by letting anyone who wants to help me out know that im not a sex tourist so i dont care where the best whore houses are. I am 23 and am looking for an adventure and Im looking for advice on a good itinerary based on my time and money. Im looking to spend 2000 to 2500 (canadian) and im going for a month with my friend who is looking to spend 3000. Rowdy crowd or not it doesnt matter to me, a good time is a good time. I would also like to take a trip down that river in l ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,433 times, with 33 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 3/8/2013 at 00:21

The Atlantic Gallery - Koh Samet Oil Spill

Posted by Tilapia on 2/8/2013 at 07:10

Everything we didn't want to see ... http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/07/oil-spill-blackens-thai-island-beaches/100564/?utm_source=Atlantic+Media&&utm_term=0_f2eeb0a9f3-9471034252-310354198 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,387 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by DLuek on 2/8/2013 at 10:20

Bangkok from 1-9 of Oct needs help !

Posted by tantan on 24/7/2013 at 03:57

Hello all, Me and my wife are doing our first backpacking in Bangkok and need some help for the itinerary would be much appreciate.We'll landing Don Mueng airport,my plan is to Khao San road and the interesting places near by....Samut Songkhram,Maeklong train market,Kanchanaburi....... If anyone doing the same plan are most welcome to join together. Thanks and Regards, tt ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,275 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tantan on 2/8/2013 at 02:09

Itinerary help

Posted by Zach on 1/8/2013 at 10:35

Hi there! My girlfriend and I are traveling to Thailand this coming February and it would be of great help if anyone could give some advice as to where to go. We will travel for 2 - 3 weeks on a student's budget, however would like to splurge for a few nights in a beach resort. Despite us both being active individuals, we would like the holiday to be relaxing and largely beach based. I know there's a LOT to do and see in Thailand, however I've always preferred spending at least a few days in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,036 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 1/8/2013 at 11:12

month on the beach in the fall

Posted by gregatsea on 28/7/2013 at 21:28

Hey All, I'm looking for one maybe two people to travel with from the states to Thailand, and basically sit on the beach for a month. I'm flexible on dates but sometime in the fall. Nothing too fancy, a cheap vrbo rental or something for a homebase should do. I've travelled extensively in Europe and the Caribbean/Latin America, just looking for a change of scenery. I want to visit a school friend in Bangkok at some point but other than that, lead the way if you like. Me - mid 30's mariner w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,166 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 29/7/2013 at 07:42

Is traveling Southern Thailand/Malaysia in September a bad idea due to rainy season?

Posted by adaminasia on 22/7/2013 at 23:32

Hi - If you are in the area or have been I'd love your advice! I'll be starting a 3-month solo trip through southeast Asia starting in early September. My flight gets into Singapore, and I was originally planning on taking a flight from Singapore to Bangkok to do Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam/Laos, but have recently thinking that as long as I'm in Singapore it may be worth trekking overland through Malaysia and southern Thailand to get to Bangkok. Do you have thoughts? I think it would be a fun ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,634 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by adaminasia on 27/7/2013 at 10:20

Just moved to Chiang Mai yesterday....

Posted by NowhereMan on 24/7/2013 at 02:23

Anyone want to give me some helpful hints? I'm here to take a TEFL course for a month....looking for people to meet, places to go, things to do, etc. Brent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,535 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 27/7/2013 at 04:36

6 weeks enough in thailand?

Posted by miriam123 on 19/7/2013 at 12:04

Hi I will be travelling with my boyfriend in SE Asia for 6 months from September 2013. I am wondering if my plan for thailand is realistic or not in 6 weeks. We will be coming from KL so getting the train to south thailand and boat from Saturn. The plan is, Boat from Saturn to Koh Lipe (4nights), then to Koh Lanta (4nights) then to Phi Phi (1 or 2 nights because i know its expensive). Then a few days in Khao Sok NP (3nights), then across to Samui (1week), Koh Phangan (3nights) and Koh Tao (1wee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,798 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by greenman42 on 26/7/2013 at 16:59

somewhere quiet for Christmas

Posted by justlikethis on 24/7/2013 at 19:11

Me and my girlfriend are travelling around south east Asia and for Christmas we want to be in Thailand somewhere in the south perhaps on the islands and we want somewhere where we can just relax and enjoy a calm and quiet Christmas. If anyone has any advice as to where our best bet would be please share with me! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,817 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 25/7/2013 at 20:55

Arriving in bangkok this sunday (21st July)

Posted by Hazza88 on 19/7/2013 at 11:30

Hi! My names harry, im 24 and arriving in bangkok on sunday. Its my first travelling experience and im going alone, so looking for someone in a similar sort of situation that would like to meet up. I have no plans at all on what i want to do so just going to go with the flow! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,411 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by 9preciousGems on 25/7/2013 at 08:20

Accommodation advice Chiang Mai and Bangkok for kiwis please

Posted by nicnjessgothai on 16/7/2013 at 20:40

My friend and I are travelling to Thailand in September from NZ and are looking for accommodation suggestions for two women travelling together, for four nights in Chiang Mai and 3-4 nights in Bangkok (Sukumvit or on the River). We're both 30, so looking for something we we can access the fun and vibrancy but also get away from it for some peace and quiet if necessary. In Bangkok we are looking to do a day trip to death railway, explore and shop. In Chiang Mai we are looking to do an elephant ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,668 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by stoneman on 25/7/2013 at 07:25

Female Traveling Solo in December - Tips or Travel Buddies?

Posted by emc on 12/11/2012 at 04:51

Hi all, I'm a 25 year old woman traveling in Thailand for the first time. I will be traveling solo. After reading an article on this site, I'm getting a little nervous. It seems that the islands (at least) are not a safe place for women traveling alone. Is this true? And if so, are there islands that are safer vs. others? Will I be safe as long as I walk home with another female companion at night? I am also Asian, so I don't know if that makes it slightly safer, as I may not "stick out&qu ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,856 times, with 21 replies. Last reply by arienneantonio on 23/7/2013 at 12:02

Help outlining a 3 week stay in Thailand in October

Posted by FreeSombrero on 22/7/2013 at 14:14

So me and my girlfriend are flying into Bangkok Oct. 2nd. This is her first time and my second. Obviously, I wish we had more time. Hell, the 1.5 months I spent in Thailand a few years ago felt grossly insufficient, but they were enough to get me hooked - and I'll take any hit of Thailand that life affords me, at this point. My original thought was, head up north to Pai , which I have the fondest memories of (though I've heard it's gotten more "mainstream", which I assume means more ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,928 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 23/7/2013 at 10:48

Bangkok > Chiang Mai train derailed today (July 17)

Posted by DLuek on 17/7/2013 at 00:59

Just a head's up to anyone planning to travel this route today... You'll probably want to hit the bus station instead. This looks pretty rough; good thing no one was killed. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Train-derails-in-Phrae-30210630.html ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,485 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 23/7/2013 at 00:02

Is it possible to renew my UK passport at the Bangkok British Consulate?

Posted by LittleBethany on 15/7/2013 at 08:25

Can anyone help...I need to renew my UK passport and have heard/read it's possible to do at the British Consulate in Bangkok where it takes 10 days. Has anyone done this or knows someone who has? Any advice would be very grateful. I'm in China at the minute leaving in 4 weeks so can't send it via Hong Kong...Please help I'm so confused... Thanks x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,806 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LittleBethany on 22/7/2013 at 22:05

Help Needed With Honeymoon Planning

Posted by marshalmissy on 22/7/2013 at 19:12

I'm going on my honeymoon late March 2014. I'll have 12 days and will start in BKK. I'm thinking a few days in Bangkok is all I need, but not sure where to go from there. My priorities, in order, are: 1. good food (not fancy food, just good local food) 2. culture (temples, cooking class) & sightseeing (food markets, shopping) 3. outdoor activities (snorkel, kayak, beach). I'm not looking for a party or club scene, nothing too commercial or touristy, but don't mind live shows such as Thai bo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,575 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 22/7/2013 at 19:57

Good food on Ko Yao Noi?

Posted by daydreamfarmer on 17/7/2013 at 14:03

Does anyone have any recommendations on good places to eat or what the local specialties are to look for? I prefer local mom and pop places over fancy spots. I appreciate any of your insights. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,389 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by daydreamfarmer on 22/7/2013 at 14:01

Help Narrowing Down a 4 week Itinerary -- Thailand Only?

Posted by causticbee on 28/6/2013 at 10:02

Hi everyone! My wife and I (both 30 years old) are flying round-trip to Bangkok in November, and we have a grand total or 28 nights to spend in the area. We are really struggling trying to narrow down an outline of what we may want to see during that time. Initially we considered spending the whole trip in Thailand alone, but lately we have also considered spending some time in Laos and/or Cambodia as well. The only thing that is certain is that we'd like to be in Chiang Mai around Loy Krathong. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,227 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 22/7/2013 at 08:45

Koh Phayam in december

Posted by trema on 18/7/2013 at 09:23

Hello, I'm planning to go to Koh Phayam for 1 month around december 10th. I'm travelling for 6 months and therefore have a budget around 400/500 bath. My choice goes for Ao Kwai North for more quiet beaches and no waves. I still don't know where I should stay, it can be simple huts, but clean; Mr Gao, Marina, Jansom,Sai Thong, Baan Suan Kayoo2, Starlight... Can someone help me making my choice? Because of this busy period, I was thinking to book, I try some mail and telephone but no answer. Is i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,793 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by trema on 21/7/2013 at 13:00

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page