Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thai products

Posted by cherry on 28/11/2006 at 16:34

Hiya I was in Thailand recently and bought some skincare products in Bangkok. I'd like to get some more but can't find anything online - does anyone know of a website where I can buy Thai skincare products? Thanks a lot x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,125 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Nanathaiherb on 8/7/2013 at 09:56

Luggage storage in Thailands train stations

Posted by Robee3 on 7/7/2013 at 03:43

Hello,we are taking train from Chiangmai to either Kanchanabury or any other closer station near the Erawan Waterfalls,but we have suitcases with us. We are planning to visit the falls throughout the day and then take the train in the evening to start our journey south...Just wondering if anybody knows if train stations in Thailand offer places to put the luggage in some locked places? Or what are other options to leave our luggage? Thanks:) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,932 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Robee3 on 8/7/2013 at 05:26

bankok to chang mai

Posted by L100 on 30/6/2013 at 15:10

Hey, would love advice on traveling after a long flight to Thailand, arriving around 6pm, going from Bankok's international airport to chang mai. How many hours of traveling, and how much would it cost to go by bus. which buses are the safest and most comfortable ? Is it better to take the train-how long & how much would that cost? Are there local websites with this traveling info? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,438 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by exacto on 8/7/2013 at 02:38

Best exchange rates in Bangkok

Posted by ckcrane on 13/7/2007 at 05:40

My wife and I will be traveling to Thailand for the first time in January and were wondering where the best places were in Bangkok to change money. From what we have gleaned so far, we will probably be traveling with AA travelers' cheques in $100US denominations. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,298 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by exacto on 7/7/2013 at 20:57

What to do when it rains in Phuket

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/7/2013 at 21:12

From our Thailand wire: "Phuket can be a wet place during the southwest monsoon from May through October. But as Thailand's largest and most developed island, there are plenty of things to do and places to escape to on a rainy day when the beach is not an option..." Read the full post or add your thoughts below. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,277 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 7/7/2013 at 11:05

Chiang Mai

Posted by L100 on 3/7/2013 at 23:58

would love a recommendation for a good inexpensive massage in Central Chiang Mai. planning on heading to Laos, is anyone making a similar route who i can join to? Do you recommend going through pi. I'm into being in nature and getting to know locals and their culture... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,555 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 7/7/2013 at 08:15

Polio and JE Vaccines?

Posted by NowhereMan on 6/7/2013 at 22:57

Hi all....I'm wondering if I really need to get these vaccines, or if they're more precautionary ( as in, not highly likely to contract). I'm going to be living in Chiang Mai, and as of now I've had Hep A and B, Typhoid, Diptheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus shots. Thoughts? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,989 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 7/7/2013 at 06:56

thailand 21-26 jul 2013

Posted by iktron on 6/7/2013 at 11:28

hai.. im 23 male,im looking for who in thailand betwen 21-26 jully2013.. can i join? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,237 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 7/7/2013 at 06:53

Manchester United Tix 7/13?

Posted by NowhereMan on 7/7/2013 at 03:18

Anyone have an extra ticket for the Man U game this Saturday??? Brent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 929 times, with no replies.

Japanese encephalitis : vaccin to go to bangkok in september ?

Posted by zobizoba on 5/7/2013 at 15:26

Hello, i have a big question, i booked a travel consultation to know what kind of vaccin i need to come to Bangkok in September, i have all the "basic" vaccin, dt polio, hepatitis A, B and rabies. i came already 2 times in Thailand but it was the high season, i'm worried for the raining season... do you think i need the Japanese encephalitis for Bangkok ? i read it's more in rural area but there are some case in Bangkok too... any advice ? thank you ! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,699 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by zobizoba on 6/7/2013 at 19:28

Khao Sok: How long to stay?

Posted by karibou on 5/7/2013 at 18:13

Are there compelling reasons to stay in Khao Sok NP more than 3 nights? I'm planning to spend one of those nights on the lake. Would a second night on the lake be worthwhile? I'll be in Thailand for 30 days, visiting Khao Sok fairly early in March. I'm really into natural attractions (especially swimming and birds) but not able to hike long distances. Hoping to stay at Smiley's Bungalows and arrange the lake tour through them. As a woman traveling alone on my first trip to Asia, I'm not comf ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,657 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 6/7/2013 at 04:30

Middle-aged woman alone: Sore thumb?

Posted by karibou on 16/2/2013 at 18:41

I'm a woman in my 50s planning a month-long solo trip to Thailand and a little worried about feeling out of place. I've happily traveled solo before, but this will be my first trip to Asia. I'm probably somewhere between flashpacker and backpacker, preferring low-key, friendly, characterful places that are a little off the beaten path. I like meeting people but am also very comfortable alone. Not looking for romance or night life -- just want to soak up Thailand's natural beauty and "real&q ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,957 times, with 27 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 4/7/2013 at 00:12

Late Flight to Surat Thani

Posted by CarbonBased on 30/6/2013 at 21:02

Hello I fly into Surat Thani on July 17th at 8:20 p.m. Ideally I would like to catch the night boat which departs surat thani town (Am I correct on this?) to Koh Phangan at 11:00 p.m. but I am unsure if I will be able to make it from Surat Thani airport in time to catch the boat. Should I book a night or should I go for it and if I do miss the night boat will I have much trouble finding a place to crash? Your help is much appreciated, Craig ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,369 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by CarbonBased on 2/7/2013 at 18:14

Visa Help

Posted by Starving_Sound on 29/6/2013 at 18:56

This is all very confusing. Much help would be appreciated. I have a Non-Immigrant Type O Multiple Entry Visa (year). I don't understand what exactly I have to do or do not have to do. I'm hearing many different things and the official websites are confusing and mostly talk about how to get one. What do I have to do with this type of Visa every 90 days? Is making a border run all I have to do? Do I have to go to Immigration to and get a resident thingmajig? That's the main part I don't unde ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,396 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Starving_Sound on 1/7/2013 at 15:10

island vacation &monsoon ???

Posted by idit on 30/6/2013 at 01:06

hello!! we will be returning from 20 days in Laos &Cambodia on the beg of September & still have about 2+ that we will want to spend on the beaches.. we are with 3 kids (4;7,11) and i wander where is a good chois considering its monsoon time.. we thoght about kochang since we come from Laos but i understand it gets lots and lots of rain and though Samoi is suppused to be the driest I wish for somthing more calm.. tks idit.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,314 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 1/7/2013 at 13:20

Krabi to Ko Samui

Posted by lorievans121 on 27/6/2013 at 15:48

Hey Guys, I land in Krabi at 2.00 pm and I want to go to Ko Samui . 1. Am I best off staying in krabi for the night and travelling the next day. Or would i manage to travel to Ko Samui in the same day? 2.Where in Krabi can i find a bus to Surat Thani? How much does it cost? How long does it take? and how regular is it? Thanks in advance Lori ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,822 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 30/6/2013 at 11:21

Pregnant + toddler, best island/beach area?

Posted by rtilghman on 23/1/2012 at 12:03

We're planning trip to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand for 6 weeks over March/April (arrive Hanoi March 5). "Rough" travelers, this trip will add a new dimension in that my wife will be pregnant (~23 weeks when we arrive) and we'll have our daughter in tow (~19 mo). Current plan is to spend time around Hanoi/Sapa, run the train south to Saigon (multiple stops), spend time visiting major sites in Cambodia, and then wing it with our remaining time in Thailand likely by visiting Sukh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,631 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 28/6/2013 at 08:53

travel buddy wanted for thailand

Posted by ricardo4 on 28/6/2013 at 00:18

Hi, im planning on going to thailand either late this year or very early next year! Im travelling solo so if anybody is interested in joining me please let me know ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,250 times, with no replies.

bangkok in september... what about dengue

Posted by zobizoba on 27/6/2013 at 16:14

Hi, i'm a french 26y old guy and my gf is in thailand... She is studying and got 1 month of holiday in september, i would like to go but i heard about dengue... 1 month ago i was in Phuket and i got bite by a mosquito on the neck and some days after i got head hache for 48 hours, i think (but not sure) it was dengue but hopefully nothing bad... i read when you got dengue for second time, it can be dangerous, well september is still the raining saison right ? i read everywhere on internet in b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,602 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by zobizoba on 27/6/2013 at 20:40

Vaccinations to get after arrival in thailand?

Posted by Travelguy76 on 27/6/2013 at 01:26

Hi all... I'll be leaving for thailand (to teach in chiang mai), in two weeks. At this point, I've had the hep A and B shots, typhoid, diphtheria,tetanus and pertussis done already. Is it okay to wait until I get to thailand to get the rabies and Japanese encephalitis vaccines, as they are pretty expensive here. Also, what's the latest on dengue? Just keep spraying DEET every day and night? Ay help would be appreciated! Brent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,162 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by amnicoll on 27/6/2013 at 06:41

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page